Friday, January 18, 2019

Stamping and Me.....

Hello
Gosh it's a chilly one today, our outside thermometer was reading -7 at 8am this morning.  A frosty start, but bright and sunny. 
 I'm writing this while waiting for my grocery order to arrive - so if I disappear in the middle, you know why 😆 😂

Stamping and me are definitely not best friends, not downright enemies, but more the "rather not be in the company of"  kind of thing, so imagine how my heart sank when Dawn issued this challenge to the Daring Cardmakers
Its Dawn here with this weeks challenge and its called
Just Stamping
I would like to see just stamping on your cards this weeks.  This means no embellishments, die cuts, papers etc...
For me this was a hard challenge so if you need to add something maybe a sequin or two please make sure that the stamping is the main focus of your card
So get out your stamps and your favourite ink pads and create.
 
Now it would have been easy to throw my hands up and say "No, too hard!" and opt out, but I don't think we've had a challenge I've missed through cowardice yet, so..... out came the box of stamps - yes, I do actually have some, though most have never actually been used.  Some have arrived in various DT boxes and their use avoided wherever possible, some came free with magazines and some I actually bought (shock, horror)
To cut a long, tedious, story of failed backgrounds and stamping attempts in the end I decided to keep it really simple and use this rather lovely text stamp by Spellbinders which nicely fills up most of my card!
I even have one of those MISTI things because occasionally I use sentiment stamps and it helps a lot!  I stamped it on a separate piece of card, it's a big stamp and a bit of a tight fit for the frame of the gadget which made it a bit tricky to do. Next I trimmed it to the right height and adhered to the card front.
The little hearts on the side were done using a Memory Box stencil

I 'used' to have a set of mini alphabet stamps but I'm blowed if I can find them, so instead, I used my GoPress & Foil gadget and hot foil alphabet stamps from CraftStashUK to make the tag - it still qualifies as stamping, right? 
 😉😉
I used black gloss card and silver foil and matted the piece onto red gloss card. adding silver and black twine and narrow red ribbon in a loopy bow.
I probably cheated a little bit with the tag and twine, but oh, it looked so FLAT and dull.  So I had to do it, didn't I?
Sorry Dawn......

So, are YOU up for the challenge this week? We would love you to join in and give it a go!
Thank you for popping by

Happy Crafting

10 comments:

Dawn said...

You rocked this challenge. Your card is fabulous. Hope you still like me after this, lol.

KarinsArtScrap said...

this is a very beautiful card Kathy
Gr Karin

jane stillman said...

That's interesting, another DT member had a problem with just stamping too. It's good to get out of our comfort zone sometimes and you have done a great job on your card

Sylvia said...

Wonderful stampimg Kathy, especially the foil stamping on the tag. love the wordy stamp you used and the great design.

Sylv xx

Shabneez said...

I don't believe you can't stamp Kathy! What a fab creation. You'd better do lots more and I'm going to tell the DT to put more stamping challenges on just for you! Shabneez x

Jackie T said...

Hi Kathy this is a stunning card. I love it. Have a great weekend. Take care. Hugs Jackie

Holley (Tondre) Barnhart said...

what a gorgeous card today Kathy, great work

Angelnorth said...

When in doubt, black/white/red! (OK, with a hint of other colours). Turned out great Kathy and if it’s called a stamp then of course it’s stamping ;)

Gwyneth said...

A fab stamped card. A great challenge but it obviously can be done.
GG

Holley (Tondre) Barnhart said...

Lovely card today