Friday, October 05, 2018

Glorious October Elemental Inspiration

Hello
Hope you've had a good week - once more I've been a rubbish blogger; I have been quite busy this week but with a bit of luck things will calm down soon and I'll to get caught up again soon.
At least I've managed to get here and blog this card for Dawn's Daring Cardmakers Elemental Inspiration Challenge

"Its Dawn here hosting this weeks challenge and as its the first Friday of the month I have picked a beautiful elemental inspiration picture for you.
Remember you need to pick at least three elements and include these on your creation."


Well obviously those colours were just too gorgeous not to use as one of my 'elements', I decided to use the layout of the mood board as element 2 and then the bottle (top row, 2nd image) and a spray of Autumn leaves from the centre image - then I threw in a few Autumn leaves for good measure!
Info:
I started by using Distress Inks to add the colours to a piece of white card, then die cut the squares from the bits I liked best to create the grid pattern.  For the centre piece I matted some plain white card onto some gold card.
For the bottle I used a couple of DIs to get a good colour, then die cut the bottle shape using a Chianti bottle die (with the top cut off).  The bottle was then coated with Glossy Accents and left to dry
For the leaves I started with a piece of dull yellow Bazzill card, then added the orange, red and a little brown ink before cutting the leaf sprigs.  I like the way you get a more natural look to the colours doing it this way - and as I can't colour in for toffee this technique usually works well for me! 
From the spare card I cut a few extra leaves to finish it off
  That's it for this time, I hope you'll visit the BLOG to see the gorgeous cards the team have made using this picture as their inspiration - it always amazes me what everyone finds to use, and there's always something I never noticed!
Happy Crafting




9 comments:

KarinsArtScrap said...

very beautiful card Kathy with great colours
Gr Karin

Jackie T said...

Hi Kathy this is a gorgeous card. I love the colours you have used. Have a great weekend. Take care. Hugs Jackie

Sylvia said...

Beautiful colours and design,fabulous card.

Sylv xx

Shabneez said...

You know it’s interesting reading how people use different techniques to to the same thing. Love how you’ve used the elements Kathy - just beautiful. Shabneez x

Dawn said...

I love how you have used the layout of the inspiration picture as one of your elements. Stunning creation. x

Angelnorth said...

Love the variety and depth of colour in the little mosaic type pieces and the glossy vase looks fab, great card Kathy!

Svenja said...

Fab card, Kathy! I love the colouring on your squares and the grid-frame is a very clever take on the theme.

Gwyneth said...

A fantastic interpretation of the brief. The colours of your little squares are fab, and I love your shine on the blue bottle.
GG

Tracy Welham said...

A fantastic design and stunning colours! Creative Blessings, Tracy x