Friday, October 26, 2018

Glitterati!

Hello!
Here we are at Friday again.  I know I said I'd try to be a better blogger now, but this week I have an excuse as I have my lovely rellies staying for a few days!
I did get some crafting time earlier in the week though and managed to get my card for Svenja's Daring Cardmakers challenge made:
It's Svenja here with today's challenge. And as I think that we can never have too much sparkle in our lives it is: 
go glitter!
(It doesn't have to be pink, though ;-)  )
The design team members have made some shiny examples for your inspiration and you can check them out HERE
My fellow teamies are mainly getting into the Christmas spirit with their cards this week, but I still need a few birthday cards, including a couple of more masculine ones. So I thought 'Men and glitter - well, why the heck not!'

I've used a brand new stencil from Bubbly Funk to make the background for my card - these new stencils are designed by BF's Caroline especially for her store and will be available soon

Info:
Sparkle Medium Glitter Gel Black Diamond (I think!)
Spellbinders dies for letters cut layers in black, then pearl metallic card for the red top layer
Extra stars punched with an EK Success punch from a blue-black glitter card
Red stars pinched with another EK Success punch (has 6 tiny stars in a circle


Pretty simple card, but a bit  time-consuming with die cutting and sticking the various layers of letters together and waiting for the glitter gel to dry.  It's quite striking though, and I think I can get away with sending it to my male cousin in a couple of weeks time 😉😉

Thanks for popping by

10 comments:

Holley (Tondre) Barnhart said...

gorgeous Birthday card today, loving the background too!

jane stillman said...

I think it's a brilliant card for men, why shouldn't they have a bit of glitter too lol x

Jackie T said...

Hi Kathy this is a stunning card I love the design. Have a great weekend. Take care. Hugs Jackie

Katie said...

Fabulous card and design

KarinsArtScrap said...

great and beautiful card Kathy
Gr Karin

Svenja said...

Wowww, this is a little unexpected from you, Kathy... but I love it! Great card for a male, I'd say. Love the overall shine and sparkle and the dynamic feel.

Sylvia said...

Why not a glittery card for the boys! Love the stencilled glittery background and sparkly wording. Fab card xx

Sylv xx

Janet Packer said...

Your card is very striking - why shouldn’t men have glitter too!

Shabneez said...

You know me I'd put bling and glitter on anything! Yours is very tastefully done Kathy and looks brilliant! Shabneez x

Dawn said...

Fantastic and fabulous card. I love the stencil with the glitter. x