Tuesday, September 04, 2018

Our Silver Wedding

Hello

It's time I got back into better blogging habits, and it's definitely time I blogged something about our Silver Wedding Anniversary.  It doesn't seem possible that it's now over a month ago!  
Anyway, first up I'll show you the card I made to give to my lovely OH on our special anniversary.  It was a good excuse to use the beautiful large, intricate heart die and some fabulous pewter charms that I've had in my stash for literally years and been completely unable to part with!  This way I've not actually parted with them, I suppose!

Info
Silver Stardream card made to a customised size
Inked card piece to use behind the die cut created using various blue and aqua coloured inks
Matted onto Bazzill card in white and a matching shade of blue
Silver card for cutting the heart, sentiment background, and lower layers for letters
Red Glitter card for hears
Silver twine
Pewter champagne and corkscrew charms
Computer generated sentiment
All dies are by Spellbinders

 To make the heart I cut the die in silver card firs, then in some scrap card to make a template.  The template was used to cut the inked blue card to shape. I placed the blue card into the heart die and used a stylus to emboss into all the gaps.  In 'real life' the blue sections are quite 'puffy' within the swirled pattern of the heart.  The silver heart was then glue in place and I repeated the embossing on the reverse to get as much of a cushion effect as I could.
The heart was adhered to the white and blue panels then using silver thread and a needle I attached the charms through the layers of card before adhering this whole section to the base card
The letters were cut several times in silver card and adhered together, then cut in white for the top layer
The 'ribbon' across the lower section was made from  strips of blue and silver card.  I created the sentiment on the pc and resized to make sure it would fit into the white oval before printing.  Once printed, I taped a Nesties oval die over the top and ran it through the machine. This piece was adhered to the silver fancy die cut and glued in place using some chipboard to add dimension and make sure it was all nicely level.
To finish I punched some glitter hearts and fixed in place, then added a multi-loop bow tied in silver twine

We spent the week of our anniversary in Portmeirion.  It's somewhere we've always talked of going to but up to now hadn't got around to.  So our 25th anniversary was the perfect excuse to 'push the boat out' and book into the village for a week.
It's not a 'real' village, as far as I know no-one actually lives there.  There is a hotel down on the quay, and many of the buildings around the village are actually serviced 'hotel' rooms - just with that added extra of being hidden away in the various buildings of the village!  There are also several self-catering holiday lets, Telford's Tower was out home for the duration.


Telford's Tower - all ours! 
The view over the village from the top of the tower section of our 'house'
and from our private terrace in some weird evening light
The Portmeirion Hotel and estuary
And just a few photos taken around the village - you find something new every time you take a stroll!




That's all for now - I won't bore you with any more photos this time ;)

Thank you so much for visiting, please don't go without leaving a message!


10 comments:

KarinsArtScrap said...

this is very beautiful Kathy and fantastic photo's

gr karin

Kate M said...

Hope you had a fabulous time, congratulations on your Silver Wedding anniversary - its quite an achievent these days!! Portmeirion looks absolutely beautiful, and dont apologise for the photos, thay are great, looks like the sort of place Barry and I would love to visit.
Your anniversary card for hubby is absolutely beautiful. I love that fancy heart die cut!!
Kate
xx

Katie said...

This is stunning

Unknown said...

I am joining you in trying to get back to better blogging habits today! Your card is wonderful, totally original and beautiful. Your pictures are stunning too. Cathy x

Holley (Tondre) Barnhart said...

Beautiful card and lovely photos

Angelnorth said...

Love the card, those wine themed charms are a perfect finishing touch! Portmerion is an oddity isn’t it? Photogenic though!

Sylvia said...

Beautiful anniversary card you made for your husband. Your holiday photos are fabulous, somewhere I have not visited but would love to one day.

Sylv xx

Shabneez said...

A stunning card Kathy - you're like me with not being able to part with certain elements. I loved seeing all your photos too. A place I'd love to visit. One day......Shabneez x

Andree said...

A wonderfully stylish card Kathy. Congratulations on your 25th! Glad you enjoyed beautiful Portmeirion, hope you took home some pottery souvenirs xx

Laine said...

Such a pretty card and detail Kathy! Fab pictures!