Friday, September 14, 2018

A Bit of Embossing

Hello

It's a lovely sunny day here again, I hope its nice where you are too.  I really struggled with my crafting this week - nothing worked!  My desk looks like a tip.
The card I've made for the Daring Cardmakers is not thrilling me, even though it's taken days to put together - I'm totally frustrated with it!
I did have one good result while making it though; I lost one of my favourite flower dies a few weeks back, search high and low and couldn't find it anywhere.  I'd just about come to terms with having to buy a replacement then, when using my circle die stack for cutting the circles for this card, I felt something on the reverse of the magnetic sheet and there it was.  Oh Happy Day!  More bizarrely, though I also found a tiny tulip head die stuck to the GoPress and Foil magnetic tweezers - and I haven't a clue where it's from.  I think its a Spellbinders one because its the brown metal sort, but I can't remember which set it might be from.
So now I have 2 small dies stuck to my fab Main Attraction
while I try to work out where their 'homes' are!

Anyway, Here's Ruth's challenge for this week:
  Hello and Happy Friday!
 My  theme for this week is

Who's the (Em)Boss?!

Let's see all your embossing creations and don't forget to tell us 
how and what you have used!

Well, that's nice and straightforward, I hear you say - but as I mentioned before, I didn't find it so at all.  So I've a feeling this one will either be binned or pulled apart and the bits used for something else!

 Info

Pale Blau, Navy Blue and off-white card
Silver card for matting
Blue satin ribbon and lots of inking
Silver Hot Foil (Couture Creations)
I used two different embossing folders on this.  The lower panel is a Woodgrain one (SU) and the lighter one is the lovely 'Blistered' paint effect one from Spellbinders
For the sentiment panel  I used a hot foil stamp and my GoPress and Foil machine.  I think the 'stamp' is by CraftStashUK but it may be Couture Creations
The Initials are definitely from the Monograms set, which is one of the new Spellbinders Glimmer Hot Foil range  - I indulged in a few of theirs last week! 
We'll call them an early birthday present to myself ;) They are really lovely.  There may be more heading my way soon!

In case you were wondering what a Main Attraction
is, it's a diamond shaped object which has a really strong magnet inside and it's perfect for popping your dies on mid-project!
 
That's it for this time,  Thanks for looking
Have a great weekend!

5 comments:

KarinsArtScrap said...

it's beautiful Kathy

gr karin

Jackie T said...

Hi Kathy this is a stunning card I love the design. Have a great weekend. Take care. Hugs Jackie

Sylvia said...

Great colour combination and embossed layers. The foiled sentiment looks fabulous. Must admit I was tempted by the lovely range of Spellbinders new foil dies, bought a few and added the others to my wish list.

Sylv xx

Angelnorth said...

Happy Birthday! I really like this Kathy, maybe you just spent so long on it that not liking the eventual product became inevitable? (I rarely like anything that’s taken forever to make!) The range of blues and textures is lovely!

Shabneez said...

I thought I was the only one that pulled cards apart and reused parts of them! I won't bin them unless they are really, really bad. I happen to like your card - we are often our harshest critics aren't we? Shabneez x