Friday, July 21, 2017

Strings Attached!

Morning Friends!
Thanks for coming by,  Here's another Friday that's rolled around at double quick speed!  
I've loads to do today, so straight down to the crafting and no waffling for once
The Daring Cardmakers is the opposite of "No Strings Attached", and it's me to blame this week

String Theory
Don't worry, this week's challenge has absolutely nothing to do with physics!
All I'd like you to do this time, is to use string, twine, thread, fibres or that sort of thing when you make you card. 
You could use a little or a lot, I really don't mind.

Here's my card.
Info
The background is stencilled with a Hessian pattern (Prima) 
I wound some hairy twine around a piece of card, adding in some 'loose' ends and some knots for extra texture then matted it onto dark brown card before adhering over the stencilled pattern.
The gorgeous leafy swirls are all cut with Victorian Garden Romantic Vines  (Spellbinders)
The flowers are all made from Foamiran, and I used various flower dies and punches to make them.  Once cut I coloured the petals with artists pastels before using heat to create the shapes, and adding some stamens to finish.
Finally I added a twine loopy bow and some glitter dots in pink and orange.

This week I've been trying to get to grips with using pastels for colouring Foamiran, a heat gun to curl the petals and the glue gun I bought years ago and have finally unearthed this week.

I think I have over-tasked myself though.  I still prefer colouring the petals with ink.  I think I will go back to using my little craft iron for the petals (heat gun is too fierce!) and I now remember why the glue gun was so scary and got put away soon after I bought it!  It is better for sticking Foamiran, but how do you stop getting the glue globs and all those glue strings?
And we won't count how many times I said "ouch" while using it!

Thank you so much for visiting, I hope you'll join in with us this week at The Daring Cardmakers, it would be great to see your creations! 
See you soon
  

13 comments:

Janet Packer said...

Lovely card and a great challenge idea x

Karen Mortensen said...

wow Kathy, I love that. xx

KarinsArtScrap said...

it's very beautiful Kathy
Gr Karin

Angelnorth said...

Delicious spray of flowers Kathy - lovely effect however you achieved it!

Jackie T said...

Hi Kathy this is a gorgeous card I love those beautiful flowers. Take care. Hugs Jackie

Enfys said...

You are the master of these beautiful flowers! Lovely lovely card xx

Kate M said...

Superb flowers and love the string feature on this card - fabulous!
xx

Holley (Tondre) Barnhart said...

Great background and stunning flowers

Unknown said...

Such a stunning card Kathy. Your flowers are just so beautiful and I love that background. Cathy x

Andree said...

A fabulous card Kathy. The colours are gorgeous and I love the background and flowers xx

Shabneez said...

Stunning card Kathy, love the colour combo you've used and those amazing flowers xxx

Brawny x said...

Absolutely beautiful. Gorgeous cardvx

Dawn said...

The flowers are gorgeous. Fabulous colours and has a lovely rustic feel to it. xxx