Friday, May 26, 2017

Happy Days

Hello!
How are you?  Enjoying the lovely warm sunshine I hope. I wonder if will stay like this for the whole of Bank Holiday weekend?  The first of our giant poppies opened this morning - they were all still closed last night when I was out watering the various stuff in pots and the veggies.  The peonies shouldn't be far behind now.

As usual Friday means Daring Cardmakers Day and a new challenge to play with and this time it's Leo here with a quirky little challenge called 
In a Teacup 

We'd like you to create a card that features a teacup with something in it.
It doesn't have to be a drink so feel free to think outside
the box, (or the cup I guess!). Pop over to the blog to see what we have in our teacups!


I was so stumped!
As usual when I'm stuck I checked through my cutting files and found a couple of templates that I might be able to use.  In the end I went for some stacked teacups, so what you get in my teacup is another teacup, then another and another and finally some balloons escaping from the top one

I've used some gorgeous download papers from Pininkie via Etsy.  They are from two paper sets with a Coral and Mint colour palette.
One of the things I love about download papers is the flexibility you have to resize, to print just a little bit, or even the exact shape and size you need.  Absolutely perfect for a project when you need the designs to be in the right proportion.  These little teacups are only about 4cms across, but by resizing the papers before printing, the patterns are just right.
I printed them onto Bazzill Bling Diamond White card.
The cups were matted up with small pieces of cereal packet chipboard between them, then the whole piece was raised on a box hinge - these fold (relatively) flat for putting in an envelope, but then fold out and stand away from the page.
The balloons are cut with Celebrate Die D-Lites  Etched Dies (Spellbinders) 
The upper three balloons were attached with thin wire to the back of the cups so that they stand out and can be rearranged.
HAPPY is a Memory Box die
'days' is a a bit of a hybrid - I used the day bit from a Happy Birthday die, and the 's' is cut from the word 'special' in another die set of the same font and size which was a bit lucky, as I'd tried cutting the word with the Silhouette and it was a bit of a mess!
That's it for this time, thank you for popping by - please leave a message, I do love to hear what you think!
Have a great weekend


 

9 comments:

Katie said...

Stunning card and love the fresh summer colours

Shabneez said...

Love the colour way you've used and the cut files but the icing on the cake has to be the balloons! Shabneez x

Linda Simpson said...

WOW Kathy this is fabulous, love the papers and gorgeous balloons.
Hugs
Linda xxx

Laine said...

Wonderful colour and detail Kathy!
Laine
xx

Jackie T said...

Hi Kathy this is an amazing card. I love the design. Take care. Hugs Jackie

Andree said...

A fabulous card Kathy. Super design and lovely papers xx

Karenzkardz said...

Very pretty colour combo xx

Holley (Tondre) Barnhart said...

love the papers and colors

Unknown said...

Fabulous card Kathy. I love your stacked tea cups and the papers are stunning. Cathy x