Wednesday, November 23, 2016

3 Stars

Hi there

Well. I really hate the new Blogger dashboard!  What on earth were they thinking of - surely the dashboard is the starting point for seeing what's going on and choosing the blog you want to do something with next.  Now all you see is  the posts list for whichever of your blogs was last updated.  It took me ages to find the tiny menu arrow which brought up a list of my blogs, and it doesn't show if there are comments to be moderated - so you have to go to each individual blog rather than see them all at a glance.
Oh well, what can you do.  Another case of fiddling with stuff for the sake of being seen to be doing something - what happened to "if it ain't broke, don't fix it?"

That's my rant over for the day ;)
On to the card I made for this week's Sketch File Update 
I quite like the way this one turned out.  As you can tell, I missed out the extra "line" at the bottom of the sketch, stretched the big {red} rectangle,  and changed the upper one for a circle - but that's ok because the sketches are there for inspiration, a starting point to use in your own way.

Sketch File LO, Nov 2016

Info
Digital Paper collections "Loving Christmas" and "Loving Christmas Again" 
 by KHDigi, from Etsy
Sentiment is also a digital image - from the now defunct Pink Petticoat. 
Red and Gold Glitter card (Kaisercraft)
Die cutting: 
 Star stack (Taylored Expressions), 
Plain circle (Tonic Nesting Circles) Eyelet circle (Spellbinders)

I thought I'd just add a second one, also using the Sketch.  I'm not so keen on this one - I think I chose the wrong paper for the background.  Might have been better without any, or with something plainer, or an aperture......
  
Papers are as before, Die cut baubles are the smallest one for a set of 2 by Memory Box

That's all for this time, save to say it would be great to see what you could make using the sketch
Thanks for hopping over, please leave a message ;)

3 comments:

Jackie T said...

Hi Kathy your cards are gorgeous. I love the sketch. I don't like the new dashboard either. It is such a shame that they changed it. Take care. Hugs Jackie

Linda Simpson said...

Beautiful cards, love the baubles.
Hugs
Linda xxx

Holley (Tondre) Barnhart said...

Lovely cards to go with the sketch today