Monday, October 19, 2015

Merry Snowflakes

On a desperate mission to find myself some Cword-card-making inspiration, I seem to have indulged in some quite heavy spending on Christmassy dies.  Sadly the mojo is being very petulant just now and has gone into hiding.

So, it's a case of trying to force the issue by sitting down and making stuff with all  that card-making roll.

What do you reckon to this?  I quite like the idea, but it was more fiddly than I like when it comes to making a lot of cards.

Info:
350gsm Dark blue square card blank (PDA Woodward)
Lighter blue Bazzill
Glitter card "Diamond" (Best Creations)
Smooth White card (PDA Woodward)
Red Gems (Anita's)
Dies:
Stars panel (Memory Box) 
Merry Christmas text (Ultimate Crafts

The MB die cuts the whole panel - the snowflakes and the rectangular frame.  I adhered it over a rectangle of glitter cardstock and then laid scraps of the same glitter card onto the die to cut some extra snowflakes for embellishing

I used "Stick It" on the text die as I thought it would make attaching it to the card easier, but actually it was a right faff.  I think I'll be going back to my spreading a thin layer of glue on plastic then dipping the word in method, it's probably quicker for this one

Might have a go with some different colours and see if I get quicker at making this design.
That's it for this time, thanks for popping by


7 comments:

Dawn said...

Gorgeous Kathy, bt I can see it would be a bit fiddly!
Hugs
Dawn xx

Laine said...

Fabulous and festive Kathy. I have been working on something very similar this afternoon!
Laine
xx

Sylvia said...

Fabulous card, love the die cut text.

Sylv xx

Jackie T said...

Hi Kathy this is a gorgeous Christmas card. Hugs Jackie

Brawny x said...

It's a fabulous card. Great colour Kathy x

Angelnorth said...

Lovely wording die cut but yes, I can see the card as a whole would be a bit fiddly for mass production! You could probably add blobs of red Stickles instead of the gems and get a similar effect but that would only be a marginal speed-up.

Kath said...

A lovely card, Kathy. I also can see it would be a bit fiddly but worth the effort I think.