Saturday, August 27, 2011

One I Made Earlier!


I made this card some time ago as a possible project for Funky Hand's page in"Simply Cards and Papercraft" magazine's  
"Best of British" supplement which came out a few weeks ago.  In the end I went with a handbag card using the fab wobble card template and papers from the "Craft the Year Away" CD, shown right.
Whilst I loved the handbag card, and chose to use that for the magazine, this flowery one is probably more "my" style - whatever that is, and I loved putting it together - flower, ribbons, lace and lots of pretty papers - it can't get much more fun than that.

I'm blogging it now because Funky Hand has a Bank Holiday Sale on atm, with 25% off Funky Hand branded products and because for this card I used a download collection that had completely slipped my attention until I was looking for something for this card - and these papers are absolutely beautiful - a gorgeous, dreamy mix of cream, brown and soft pink.  
The download is called "Huge Funky Love" and you get all the papers you need to print out and make one of Funky Hand's famous Word Books, plus full sheet paper designs too - which of course you can resize to get smaller versions of the designs if you like.
The Rundown:
All papers printed from "Huge Funky Love" download by Funky Hand
Most flowers are made from the same papers:
2 hand made roses, several coiled roses. large, layered flower made with Spellbinders dies
Additional flowers:  "flat" Prima flowers; pink, brown, cream,  2 wired roses; pink, cream
Brown Seam Binding, White Lace, Imaginisce i-rock pearls and pink gems, fancy jewel brad.
Spellbinders dies. EK Success border punch, pc generated sentiment

Funky Hand Shop
Hope you like the card.  Have a fab weekend - even if the weather looks mucky!
Thanks for looking

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Stunning cards Kathy! I love all the detail on the flower card - just stunning! xx

Janice said...

What can I say...I am now the proud owner of that card. Thank you so much Kathy, it is quite beautiful. Even my DH was mega impressed with the swizzly bit in the middle and the flowers. I just loved it all, I had no idea it was a Funky Hand card, very impressive! Thanks again.

katemade designs said...

great card I've added it to my VisualizeUs list

tracy said...

beautiful card kathy-and deffo 'you' lucky janice :)