Friday, March 18, 2011

No Play Today

It's Daring Cardmakers Day today, but unfortunately I wasn't able to join in with Jo's dare. It's a real shame too, because she's asked everyone to use postage stamps on our cards and I always save interesting ones on a "just in case" basis! Typical that I'm unable to play along atm...maybe I can do something over the weekend and add my card a bit late....
Anyway, don't forget to check out the BLOG to see what the team have made, and it would be fab if you'd join in - I bet you have a little bag of interesting stamps somewhere too!

I've been sharing stuff I've made over the last couple of weeks the last few days and today I have another "Our Betty" card.  This one uses the pretty Gift stamp from the "Your Special Day" clear stamps set from Funky Hand, along with more lovely Craft the Year Away papers
I stamped the sentiment (from the same set) in Brown ink randomly along the strip of card, The gift was stamped on the different papers and paper pieced onto a card background piece before cutting out.
Aperture and border cut with Nesties Large Scalloped Circles
Frilly double border strip made with MS border punch
Stickles for some bling on the bow
It was my niece Izzy's 17th birthday at the beginning of this week.  I gave her the cupcake card I showed here a couple of weeks back
She's saving up for a new saddle for her horse, so we've given her money for her Saddle Fund.  I made this little pouch to present it in - I think it's nicer than just having the cheque tumble out of the card, makes it more like a gift, doesn't it?
Green Bazzill to make the pouch
Yellow Rainbow Polka Dots papers from Funky Hand for the fluffy flower and the decorative panel.
Green Bakers Twine, Yellow brad, Lemon Ice Stickles for a bit of bling.

Hopefully this coming week things will be back to normal - at least blo-wise!  There's still a long way to go until everything else is anywhere near what you might call normal.
Catch you all soon

3 comments:

mckinkle said...

What a gorgeous selection of cards Kathy, am intrigued by your card with interesting postage stamps though now youve mentioned it! Hope you get time for it now!
Keryn x

Lynda said...

A fab set of cards - love the huge funky yellow flower!

Love Lynda xxx

Angelnorth said...

Fab stuff, the fluffy yellow flower is spectacular!