Friday, December 17, 2010

I'm Dreaming of........Warmer Weather

...and over on the other side of the world my Daring Cardmakers' teamie, Keryn is enjoying just that, and about to start her summer holidays - and yes, I am feeling a tad envious as I look out of the window and see the snow flurries going past. bbbrrrr.
So just to rub it in Keryn's asked us to use beach holidays as our inspiration this week. It can be a Christmas card using warm, beachy colours, or a vacation themed card and you'll find both examples on the DCM BLOG this week.
It seems like whenever a summer or seaside themed card is called for I reach for these papers, but never mind, they are gorgeous and fun, and using them always cheers me up.
I made the little tiles by cutting out some of the images from one of the pages, adhering to card.  Once they'd been trimmed the curved corners were made using my Zutter corner rounder.  The sun was also cut from one of the papers.  
It's a very simple card, but a thief has stolen away so much of my time this week!
I used:
Papers: Rusted Sun (Fancy Pants),, 
Sentiment: "life is" was printed direct onto the card blank, 
"beach" cut on the Craft Robo using Ballpark (free font), 
Zutter corner rounder, scrap card, ink for edging
Getting through my crafting to-do list has been hampered as I've had hubby working from home since Tuesday as he's got a rotten cold.  I don't suppose he'd be popular if he spread his germs all around the office just before Christmas, but it means I have to limit the "noisy" stuff like printing and using Mr Robo - and sometimes even using the guillotine is frowned on hehe
I hope you'll get a chance to join in with Keryn's challenge this week - it was fun to play with summer things instead of the icy ones for a few minutes.  But now I really need to get on and finish the flip album I'm in the middle of, and the boxes I need to make or cover, and the notebooks, and the voucher holders....
Hope you're doing better than I am with your Christmas preparations!


10 comments:

Annie said...

A gorgeous card but it all seems so far away esp looking out of the window at the carpet of white here today.
A x

Lynda said...

Great fun card Kathy - love the papers!

Love Lynda xxx

SueH said...

It must have been so hard thinking of sunshine and beaches when its sooo cold outside Kathy, but you’ve done a great job with your card.

Thanks also for the Christmas card. Can’t say I’m looking forward to Christmas but it’s a comfort to know you’ll be thinking of me.
Lots of Love
Sue
x

lisa said...

Wouldn't it be so lovely to be sat in the sunshine in a beautiful place like New Zealand. I couldn't think of anything nicer.
Your card captures the sunshine perfectly Kathy, I love it.
Keep warm
Hugs Lisax

Kaz said...

Gorgeous card Kathy I don't blame you for using those papers.
What's for lunch?!! xxx

Angelnorth said...

Mmmm, nice to see a bit of sunshine, even if it is virtual! Great card Kathy, love it!

Allison said...

so lovely to see something that is not Christmas- think I'm all Christmassed out!!
AllisonX

Jules said...

Hi Kathy

Gorgeous make.

Love those papers and images .. .. and the thought of a warm beach .. mmmmm.

Sorry to hear hubby isn't well. I hope he doesn't pass it on to you!!

Love Jules xx

Hazel said...

Lovely to see something summery - what a change from the white stuff that's surrounding us again - and I can see why you go back to those gorgeous papers again x

Traceyr said...

Wow Kathy what a completely different card for this time of year! I love the little surf board images along the bottom.

I am in the same boat as you at the mo with regard to the very long "to do list". Heyho onward and upwards.

Hope the cold lifts soon. x

:)