Friday, July 31, 2009

Bejewelled Bliss!

Apparently, not only is Lythan addicted to paper but she's also addicted to the Bejewelled Blitz game on Facebook - where, I might add her score is pretty high!
Actually I'll admit to sharing the paper addiction and also to getting quite close to having a little addiction to that particular game myself now, probably due to the Great Enabler Herself.

Anyway, the upshot is that this week's dare over on The Daring Cardmakers is to "Bling up" your cards with lots of Bejewelled gems and sparkle. We all deserve a little bit of sparkle in our lives, don't we?

I was trying to figure out what to do for this challenge and browsing through the new goodies that had arrived from Charmed earlier this week when my eye was caught by one of the designs on the "cards" sheet of my lovely new "On a Whimsy" papers (Fancy Pants)

Can you tell which one it was?

Anyway, with this in mind, plus the notion of having another play with those fab little flowers from the Cosmo Cricket blog that I showed on here the other day here's the card I came up with

I used the plainer sides of the papers, except for the dotty one. Managed to find a way to use my new flower border punch (how come last week I had NO Martha Stewart punches and now I seem to have three?) in here too. Oh I dooooo love these little flowers, I did a bit of experimenting with sizes to make the scroll of flowers for this card. I think even the teeny ones are still too thick for most cards -you'd really need to use a box or one of those DVD mailing packets to send this through the mail.
Then again, boxed cards look wonderful, don't they, and I think you could send a boxed card like this with a "fat" stamp on so it wouldn't cost any more than most of the bumpy cards we make....

The black gems are from Kaiser - I thought I'd mucked the whole thing up adding these but once I'd added the black Melissa Francis sentiment sticker (thanks to Jo for the tip about how good these are, mwah, mwha) and the 3 Bugs flower rub-ons the black bits seemed to balance out better.
Ribbon is from Ribbon Oasis and conveniently covers up a bad paper choice, phew!
Coloured gems are 2 different sizes from the Anita's gem wheels.

There are lots of lovely sparkly creations on our BLOG this week, so please pop by to see them. Hopefully there'll be lots of links appearing soon on the comments thread saying where we can see lots more Bejewelled and Glitzy Dazzlers.

15 comments:

Lythan said...

this card is sooooo scrumptious Kathy. love, love, love, love love it!

Karen said...

Just perfect Kathy :) XXX

Anice said...

Kathy this card is to die for! It's just fab..are you getting the hint that I LOVE it?!!
Anice xx

Janice said...

I love how you've done those flowers Kathy, looks like a really fiddly job. Great effect.

Carol Plume said...

totally gorgeous xx

Traceyr said...

A great bobby dazzler there Kathy. Lots of lovely bling. :)

Tracy said...

Gorgeous card Kathy, you can't beat a bit of bling. Great choice of colours too.
Hugs T x

Rachel said...

Loving the paper flowers - might have to have a go and even glitter them up..... oooh now there is some bling for you!!

Rachel

Sharon (glitterangel) said...

Wow, what a fab card, I love the flowers, and you are so good at combining patterns and colours x

Kaz said...

That's a gorgeous card Kathy. I couldn't fins the tutorial on their blog, I shall have to check again.

Maria Matter said...

Kathy, this is gorgeous! I love how you used the bling on this...great colors too!
This will be a fun challenge!
take care!
Blessings, Maria

chilli pip said...

As always a lovely card . You never seem to have an off week

Rika said...

Gorgeou card Kathy!

annes paperfun said...

gorgeous! Love your flowers!
Hugs Anne

Gez Butterworth said...

Fabby card Kathy. Your flowers are awesome.xx