Friday, April 24, 2009

Blooming Again!

Well, its Spring-time and we've been enjoying fabulously warm and sunny weather (though the weatherman says that's all due to change for the w/e - typical!).
Maybe that's why everyone's gone all-floral!

Flowers yesterday and Flowers today. Maybe flowers tomorrow too, who knows? lol

Today its Lythan's turn to do the honours over on the Daring Cardmakers - she says:

This week Lythan wants your help through this dare...

SUPERSIZE ME!

I have loads of enormous paper flowers that I have bought and never used. So I want to see some really big embellishments on your cards. Bonus points for outsize blooms!

Well! how about that coming up the very day Tracy's new Creative Treasures Flower Kit landed on my doormat? What a fab excuse to start using these little beauties straight away.
The first of two 65th birthdays one of my customers needs cards for is right at the start of May and Lythan's dare and Tracy's flowers helped me get started. And so did Jozza with her dare of a couple of weeks back - at least I think it was a help, but it could just be that I'm making more work for myself instead! - suddenly, I can't make a card without hiding something!

So, here's my Big Bloomer for Lythan's dare:

The very huge pink flower isn't in the flower kit, but the others are. The whopper is from Dunelm Mills - the card is 14cms square and as you can see the flower nearly meets the edges so Lythan, I'm claiming my bonus point! lol
So, what was the hidden bit here then?
Well, when you lift the right hand flap of the gatefold.....

There's another "flower" with a message hiding underneath.
decorated the inside too as inserts are so tricky for gatefolds - but I forgot to do a photo. ooops!

Papers are Fancy Pants....hang on while I go and check which set......Aged Florals
Ribbon and flowers from Creative Treasures May Flower Kit
Circles, scallops and all words/numerals are Robo cut
The little pink pearls are...hmmm, I can't find them to check the pack - I'll edit when I do....

If you're anything at all like me, you'll hae a nice stash of big bloomers somewhere in your drawers (sorry, I couldn't resist the pun), so now's a great chance to use some of them. The DCM design team have come up with some fab ways to use them to help get the inspiration flowing. Seeing all your creations will be wonderful this week, I just know it.

Back soon with more crafty stuff, but I need to get started on BOY cards now...oh joy....not!

19 comments:

Lythan said...

fab, fab, fab, fab, fab.
Just love that way of doing the hidden message.
Have a bonus point for that big bloomer too!

CLARE said...

You can't beat big bloomers I always say. Love the design of your card - so original. Good luck with those boy cards

Unknown said...

Beautiful card Kathy. See you Sunday morning!!! xx

Angelnorth said...

Love the hidden extra under the first gatefold flap - nice touch!

tracy said...

thats just georgous kathy :)

Leo said...

Ohh super yum card! :)
xx

Jozza said...

Absolutely scrumptious! A very lovely card and I love the hidden message (sorry for making more work for you! lol) xxx

Karen said...

hehe bloomers in drawers indeed!!!! This is fab and how clever of you to cut the flower for the opening XXX

Have a great time on Sunday XXX

Tracey said...

Gorgeous card Kathy might have to rummage & find my big bloomers up lol :o)

Hugs
Tracey
x

Beth said...

Big bloomers indeed, lol!! Another great card with lovely finishing touches. XX

Lisa H said...

I adore the card Kathy.
It is always such a pleasure to visit your blog
Thank you
Lisa xx

Janice said...

Never mind those bloomers, you are a right smarty pants Kathy! I love your card and all those flowers might just tempt my mojo out of hiding!

Anonymous said...

Beautiful!! :) Huge bloom is gorgeous and I love the hidden bit. :)

Vanessa.

Kaz said...

I love your bloomers Kathy and well done for showing them to the world!!

Loving the bright and funky colours too.

Jackie said...

Lovely card Kathy :) Which font did you use for the word 'MAM', please?

Canne said...

Bloomers indeed! I've got some of those Dunelm ones too, will have to dig them out. Love your card!

Mote said...

Dear Kathy!!!!!

I don't make this box

http://mote777.blogspot.com/2009/04/blog-post_23.html

My hobbies are embroidery, scrapbooking, doll. not fimo. I dream to make fimo, but I do not have time for that now.:))))))

This is gift for me from me friend Zu.

http://zustitch.blogspot.com/

I will write she on your proposal. She lives in England.

Love Irina

Ania - "Z Papieru Tworzone" said...

Wonderful card Kathy!

Creative Treasures said...

I love the card Kathy its gorgeous :)

Tracy
x