Tuesday, March 03, 2009

2 for Creative Treasures

I'm really struggling to find my creative mojo this week. I keep going back to my desk, sitting for a while looking at all the stuff, having the smallest hint of an ideam, cutting a few bits of paper or card then deciding that it was a non-idea.

It must be bad.
Today I've had more fun doing housework than doing craft, and that surely can't be right, can it?

Pleeeeease, if anyone spots my mojo will you catch it and send it back to me?

I think that maybe I should stop trying to make the things I've got to make and see if just playing for a while and going with the flow helps.

Anyway, here are a couple of cards I made last week with the fab March Flower kit from Creative Treasures. For just £10 you get loads of coordinating flowers in different sizes, plus various other little treats (such as stamps, ribbon, tags etc) - and as we never have enough flowers this is a wonderful way to supplement your collection

I used Crate Papers lovely Blue Hill collection - I needed to add a bit of inking to get a better colour match for the flowers. The chipboard was painted with acrylic paints mixed to get a good match for the blooms and the "brads" and flower centres are all made as mentioned below. That button is a much better colour match irl - for some reason it's decided to show up blue in the photo.
As I'd gone a little crazy with the first one and made a complicated card with folds, papers, inking and all sorts of other stuff I tried to keep this next one a whole lot simpler

I couldn't resist adding a bit "extra" to the brown panel so I ran it through the Distressed Stripes Cuttlebug embossing folder - then distressed it a bit more and sanded it down a little with my BG file set. I'm writing this mainly because it doesn't show up on the photo! Nor does the fact that the card itself is some of that gorgeous pearlescent Stardream card from PDA which is a shame
To get a perfect match for the brad in the centre of the flower, I sacrificed (shock, horror!) one of the flowers from the kit to cover a plain brad. The brown ones are all fake brads made with cereal packet chipboard covered with brown card - I used a flower centre from one of the Cbug dies to cut them. The big brad and the faux ones all got a coat of Glossy Accents to finish.
The greeting was cut with Mr Robo.

I got my cousin's birthday card made before my mojo upped and left, but I'll save that for tomorrow just in case!

5 comments:

Karen said...

oooo lots of gorgeousness!!!! Hope you find your mojo soon my love X

CLARE said...

Beautiful - I love blooms. The top one is especially gorgeous

Hazel said...

Oh I love those colours together (might have to look at that flower kit). Hope your mojo resurfaces quickly. x

Angelnorth said...

Both fab and the faux brads look great! I really like the colour combo of the second one (and the bigger expanse of white space, of course!)

Creative Treasures said...

Kathy they are both absolutely gorgeous, the Blue Hill paper is perfect with the blooms, i hope you find your mojo soon.

Tracy
x