Wednesday, March 19, 2008

First of Three

I've got orders for three Christening cards, all for the same little chap. I probably mentioned this ages ago when I was first thinking I should get started on them. Then something rather exciting came up which I needed to deal with first - more of that in a week or two!
So today, I finally got the first of the Christening cards done - I wanted to get this one finished as I'll be able to see this particular customer over Easter and so hand-deliver it.
Ooooh I do love the idea of bypassing the nasty Royal Mail if I can! Funny how such small things can give so much pleasure!It;s a funny tbning, but the last time I actually got the stuff out to make a start on these cards (just before the exciting thing happened....;-) ) nothing was working - but this one came together really quickly. Maybe making this one before the one the Baby's mum has asked for was what made the difference as I also need to make a presentation box for that one. I think all the colour matching for box and card was making it seem more difficult - especially as I'd run out of the Lokta paper I like to use for gift boxes.
Anyway, I've now found a new supplier and had a boxful of lovely handmade paper arrived yesterday so it'll be full steam ahead on the other two cards and the box , with no excuses left...:-(

Just in case it all gets busy around the Waffle Corner I'll wish you all a Happy Easter now - while I've got the chance. I hope all my Bloggy friends have a peaceful weekend.

Thanks for looking

11 comments:

Angelnorth said...

Lovely! The ribbon threaded through the edge of the lace looks great. Have fun with the others!

Pretty Easter cards too, not sure how I missed those!

CraftyC said...

Beautiful card, love the lace border. A Happy Easter to you too!
Clairexx

Janice said...

You temptress Kathy! Now I want to know what exciting thing has happened to you, hmmm if you can't tell us... it may be some crafty DT work - I suppose I'll just have to wait and see with everyone else!

Lovely card, nice and subtle.

have a lovely Easter

Rosanne said...

What an elegant card! Love your easter cards too!

Anonymous said...

Happy Easter hunny, that's a gorgeous card.

I'm looking forward to being put out of my misery and finding out this exciting thing...

Annapurna said...

Very nice! Can't wait to see the others when you are done.

Carol said...

a beautiful card kathy. I love the lace along the edge :)

"Exciting thing" - so how long are you going to keep us in suspenders to find out what it is :)

Unknown said...

I'm not going to admit I like this card until you tell us your news, you little minx! LOL

Hazel said...

What a special, beautiful card. Happy Easter

Tracey said...

This is a really beautiful card Kathy

Wendy said...

Absolutely lovely - the lace and ribbon really works well.

Wendy x