Thursday, March 13, 2008

Another Crafty Templates card

The other day I showed a handbag card made with a template from the March Crafty Templates set.
Well, while I was working on that one, I came up with this idea to"tweak" the template and make a card which would stand up on a base and close at the top with a bow.

Yet again most of the things I used here came from the "Birthday Star Goodies Kit".










I lightly coloured the base card with a couple of blue cats eye chalk inks,
and sewed the little stars that come in the kit onto the side for a bit of bling.
Please go and check out the Crafty Templates website and blog when you have a minute, there's some great stuff to be found there.


These are a couple of sneak peeks of the circle journal I've just done. Probably for the first time ever I've finished these well ahead of posting date - normally I'm either just in time - or as it's been lately, a day or two late.
I'm never sure whether it's ok to show the full pages on a blog or not - should we wait till the book is back with it's owner to do the "reveal" or is it ok to post what we've done straightaway. Answers on a postcard, please - or alternatively, use the comments thread! ;-) I just love these papers, they are by We are Memory Keepers and came in the February SA Kit - I must try and track down a UK stockist as they are just gorgeous and make me think of Summery days.

I've made a couple of Wedding Anniversary cards today, I need one to send, and the other will go in the box on Hubby's desk. Not sure about the first one, it looks a bit "naked" - I may have got into the habit of using background paper too often, as I prefer the 2nd one by far. My cards used to have a lot of white card showing, but lately they seem so bare without a layer of pretty stuff in the background. Maybe it's just me though. I'd be interested to hear what you think.
Thanks for looking :-)

7 comments:

Carol said...

i like them both equally kathy but for very different reasons.

That said, i don't believe in the saying "less is more" - pile it on i say LOL

Angelnorth said...

I think the anniversary cards look fab. Do you only have a problem with white on your own cards or is it anybody's? (my dragonfly had loads of white, for example). Maybe you just need to think of yourself having more than one style!

Great tweak on the handbag card, too!

Anonymous said...

fabby stuff as usual :o)

Anonymous said...

All your cards are great ! you do great things with crafty.

Anice said...

I love both of your anniversary cards. I know what you mean about leaving white spaces though, I'm not too good at it. You have inspired me to try something different today, thanks.
Anice xx

Lythan said...

Wow Kathy your blog s ROCKING at the moment. I just can't choose between those two cards. I think the design works well both with a white space background and with a more filled in one!

Anonymous said...

I love them both, but I think the white works better with all of the great patterns in the hearts.