Friday, January 11, 2008

Same Stash, Different Cards

Grotty wet day here today - a good day to stay in and get some more catch-up work done. I've got two circle journal LOs done of the 4 I started off the week with, the remaining 2 aren't on my immediate need-to-do list, so today it's going to be a card-making day. It'll be Thank You cards, and hopefully some birthday cards getting done today, apart from several friends and family birthdays in the offing, I've been asked by a neighbour to make a couple of special birthday cards and they are needed quite soon.

It's DCM day today and Jane's turn to set the dare for us all. She must have been in a very devious mood when she thought this one up, that's all I can say!

I want you to create not just one but TWO cards ! But wait........there's more ! I want both cards to contain the same embellishments and papers, ribbons etc- but arranged in a different way for a different occasion....the only thing being different is the wording....I'll let you have different wording ! (How nice of me eh?) I'm well aware this is a really hard challenge, and that I have thrown everyone into 2008 off the deep end....but go on- give it a go - I DARE YOU !

The wonderful and very talented Sue Hyde is joining us as our Guest Designer for the next couple of weeks. I've long been an admirer of Sue's work; it's always beautiful and so detailed. Here's a quick link to her blog

Here are my cards for Jane's scary darey

I've used the lovely new paper pad that my DCM Secret Santa sent for Christmas and added flowers, brads and ribbon from my stash.
It was a great dare - one that really makes you think about how you can use the same set of ingredients in two different ways. I've done something similar before where two cardmakers make a card each, plus a little package containing all the things they used. The card they make themselves is sealed up in an envelope so it can't be seen and that plus the pack of ingredients is swapped for their partner's. Once the other person has made a card using those ingredients she can open the original card to compare the two. That's tough enough, but making both cards yourself is, I think, a bit harder - have a go and see if you agree.

aaaaaagggghhhhhh I've just realised I've sealed up that 2nd cj ready to post and forgotten to do some photos first. I've done that soooo many times lately - I really must try harder to remember.
Right, back to cutting some robo words then.....

12 comments:

Marlou McAlees said...

amazing cards!!! love them!!! :) x

Rika said...

Fabulous art work, these are both beautiful!

Em said...

Love those cards Kathy - my favourite colours!

Unknown said...

Love the B&W combo with the striking contrast Kathy.

Lythan said...

these cards are absolutely gorgeous Kathy. And I am soooo envious of your bathrooms!

Samm said...

Great! love your funky style!

Samm
x

Anonymous said...

Lovely cards Kathy and I know all about posting stuff off before photographing. How annoying is that!

Andrea, said...

2 wonderful cards, the pink is so striking with the black and white

Judy said...

Beautiful cards with those striking colours - just lovely!
Judy NZ

Clare said...

Love your cards, the black and white with a touch of pink looks great.

Anonymous said...

Stunning work Kathy. :)
Vanessa.

Anonymous said...

stunning cards the colours look fab really love them both :)