2 blog entries in as many days - now that hasn't happened very often lately!
The other day, in order to make enough space on my desk to get the alcohol inks & associated paraphenalia out, I had to have a bit of a tidy up. It was getting to that point where I have only enough room for my A4 sized mat - I'm sure you'll know what I mean.....
When I have a clear up I tend to put things like punches, ink pads, pens etc stright into their "homes" but a lot of stuff gets sorted into piles - scraps of coloured card, white card, cereal box, plastic bags, paper collections etc so that I can tidy all those things into their rightful place at once rather than keep getting that box or folder out.
Anyway, one of these piles turned out to be an "unfinished cards" pile.
By the time I'd cleared the top of my desk I'd found all of these:
Yep, that's SEVEN partly made cards where I started off and ran out of steam/mojo before they were finished. As you can see, in some cases all I managed was to stick one piece of paper on, with others I got as far as adding ribbon or die cuts before, for one reason or another they were rejected. Now bearing in mind that these were the ones I found actually ON the desk - which I do tidy up from time to time, it sort of begs the question "How many more have been shoved into the various hidey-holes in my craft space?" hmmmm
I'm scared to check the rest of the boxes tbh as I know there are many more stashed away - after tidying my desk I did go through the box that lives on the top of my ribbon drawers where bits and bobs get put when they're in the way and I found another THREE in there. That's it, I daren't look any further.
So, here's my question to anyone who reads this blog. Do you ALWAYS finish a card you start, even if the mojo fails halfway through? Or do you end up with a stack of unfinished cards like me? And if the latter, how many cards are there lurking in your reject pile? Go on, have a look - I dare you!
So now I need to make myself feel better by showing some things that I've actually managed to complete!
First up is a last-minute card for a customer to give to her daughter. It's a while since I made a bear card in the style of the wonderful Jo, and they are perfect for jobs like this. This paper has been lurking in the box for years I think, it's really pretty but I think that having only two co-ordinating designs makes it tricky to work with sometimes - I must try and remember to buy three ddesigns wherever possible as 3 is more adaptable than 2....
IWhat with being poorly and everything else, I only managed 1 card for Leo over at Crafty Templates for the January design set, a shame as the templates were fabby. I'm hoping I can get at least another one done from that set eventually. Though as my new DT set of stash and templates are already here, I won't be holding my breath on that score.
The current template set has a Springtime/Valentines theme and is stuffed with fantastic ideas for cards and other crafty makes - this is the card I made with the "love letter" template
There are various layers to this card, I used a mini DL card cut in red for the actual card blank, then there's a piece of lace card under the arrow, and the envelope on top of the arrow is made so that the heart section comes out to allow an extra message to be written on the reverse.
Lastly I thought I'd show a couple of sneak peeks of Sue's Christmas present - which for one reason or another is still sitting in my craft room. Hopefully we'll get together soon and I can give her this rather late Christmas gift.....