Monday, September 14, 2026

Cottage Garden Harmony

  Hello, 

welcome to my little crafting place

There is a lovely set of BetterPress sentiments in Susan Tierney-Cockburn's Cottage Garden collection which I think will be beautiful for journal pages, tags and scrapbook pages as well as cards and other projects.

I particularly liked the one about a cottage garden's special beauty being not in a well ordered space but in the harmony of all the plants and colours.  The sort of garden I would love to have - if only I had the energy and the skill to make it!  A few years ago we visited Vita Sackville-West's  fabulous Sissinghurst gardens +and I just adored the way parts of the garden seemed to be so wild, chaotic and free but still completely harmonious 

 

I wondered if I could put this sentiment into action! 
As I don't throw extras away when I make too many for a project I have a box of random flowers, petals and leaves in different styles, colours and sizes, so could I make a card just these?
There's quite the assortment  of flowers here, all Spellbinders, but from different collections, most recent because I've made a lot of flowery cards lately but some that have been waiting in the box for a long time! 
 
I was gong to make them into some kind of bouquet, but as I'd recently got Happy Post Envelope Etched Dies as part of the Dear Santa bundle I thought I'd use that instead.
I've used a digital paper design for the background and to create the envelope.  It was really just a case of arranging all the flowers into a way I liked and adding a few leaves then sticking them all down.
To complete I added a couple of gold thread bows and small pearls to add some extra glimmer and tie in with the gold foiled sentiment 

 I used

 
Die sets: 
 
From Susan Tierney Cockburn's
  Cottage Garden collection:
 
Gold foil
Many different Spellbinders flower dies 
Colourwheel card pack 
  
 Other


Digital paper for background and envelope
black card 
Gold thread
Green pearls 

 
Just a Note
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

  THIS is my Affiliate link to the Spellbinders store 
-  you can use it to access the store whenever you buy from Spellbinders
It doesn't cost you anything, but I may get a little reward for pointing you there.
There's a UK based shop now, so you can use the 'Visit Our UK Store' button at the top right of any page on the Spellbinders site  

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Thank you so much for coming by, please do leave a message if you can!

 Happy Crafting, Take care of yourself, and please come back soon!
 
 Kathy xx

No comments: