Friday, August 18, 2023

Pearl

 
 
 
Hello
 
Welvome to my little crafting place!
 
It's my turn to set the challenge for the Daring Cardmakers this week:

Pearl

A couple of weeks ago Hubby and I celebrated our 30th (Pearl) Anniversary - wow, where did that time go?

So this week I'd like you to use the word 'PEARL' for your inspiration.
I had a think and came up with a few ideas; using flat-backed pearls, pearl strings, pearl buttons, creating backgrounds with pearlescent paints, mousse or card, Mosaics with pieces of abalone (Mother of Pearl) shell,

   Click Here for some ideas from the design team

First I die cut a square of pearlised card for the centrepiece of this card, then  a heart from the same card.  I glued flat-backed pearls around the edge of the heart, then when it was dry, adhered in place. 

 The sentiment was cut using a couple of different dies sets from the same card and added to the card.  

To finish I ried a bow from narrow matching ribbon and glued in under the heart.

 

This isn't the card I made for Hubby, but I had this idea later and to be honest I prefer it!

Thank you so much for coming by

 Happy Crafting, Take care of yourself,
 
Kathy x
 

No comments: