Friday, August 11, 2023

Jam Jars!

Hello
Thanks for visiting. 
 
 I’m sharing my card for the latest Daring Cardmakers Challenge today and this week Joanne says: 

All Taped Up

Joanne here again this week, and today I’d like you to use some sort of tape as you create your masterpiece.
It might be decorative washi, a technique such as faux leather with masking tape, dry wall tape as a stencil — there are loads of different types of tape and lots of crafty possibilities.
Show us your creative take on tape!
   Click Here for some ideas from the design team

I've had this die set sitting on my desk for aged, waiting for me to get round to using it.  It's day finally came.

Another time I'd make the jar to look more like a pottery container, I'm not sure the glass effect works but I had the jam-jars I decorated for the tables at our Afternoon Tea Party in mind when I started making this. 
I filled my jars with lavendar and rosematy from the garden and then just needed to pick a few flowers to make them look bright and colourful.  I'm no flower arranger but I was quite chuffed at how they looked.
 
The die set is from Spellbinders and called Mason Jar and Lavender
I made it to be kind of a shaped card, but it evolved rather strangely in the end!
The washi tape element is the patterned piece around the jar, the lid ad also some of the tiny flower petals
I added rffia and Bakers' twine around the jar and made a little 'Thank you' card using hot foil stamps from Yana's Special Sentiments set
 

Thank you so much for coming by

 Happy Crafting, Take care of yourself,
 
Kathy x
 

 




No comments: