Saturday, June 18, 2022

Sandy Toes and Salty Kisses



Hello
I hope you’ve had a good week 
Today I’m sharing the card I’ve made for this week's Daring Cardmakers Challenge.  I managed to avoid using the beach huts featured on the mood-board for our June picture challenge a couple of weeks back but there was no way I could resist the opportunity twice! 
 
Miri has chosen this week's challenge. 
 
Vamos a la Playa... Life`s a Beach!

Summer's here and I hope we all have some time at the beach or pool or other kind of water planned for this summer. 
I'd like you to use a "beach element" on your card this week: 
sea shells, sand, a parasol, a beach chair, flip flops ... 
whatever you associate with life at the beach or by the water.

 

We’re extremely fortunate to own a flat in Southwold, Suffolk which is usually rented out for holidays, but obviously we get to use it too.  One of the things I love about Southwold and it’s  known for is it’s long promenade lined with a row of colourful (and extremely expensive) beach huts. They are so pretty!

 

I started by using the pc and Paint Shop Pro to make a striped design in various colours plus squares of matching plains. I resized them, then copied and pasted  them so they’d fit on a sheet of A4 card. I wasn’t sure which colours I wanted to use so I think my sheet had 8 striped and plain blocks of about 6cms on it in the end. 
I chose 3 colours and cut t he all the shapes (apart from the punched tiny hearts and circle) for the beach hut just using  scissors or guillotine. 
The sentiment is one of my home-made decal ones, it’s from a digital set I bought via Etsy. (I’ll add the designer and link later). I made a twine square knot to add more interest and tiny flags and bunting to complete the card. 
 

Thank you so much for coming by

 
 Happy Crafting, Stay Safe, 




 
Standing with Ukraine









2 comments:

Angelnorth said...

Glad to see the beach hut obsession hasn’t been abandoned Kathy! These are really sweet with their little heart and flag details.

Miri said...

I know that you love beach huts and I was quite sure that you would use them for my challenge ;-). Your card (and the real British beach huts) look lovely indeed.
What a fun summer card!