Saturday, June 11, 2022

June Elemental Inspiration

 

   Hello! 

As usual I'm trying to get caught up with my blog.

I was so busy in the week leading up to the Queen's Platinum Jubilee that although I made a card for the Daring Cardmakers' June Elemental Inspiration challenge, I didn't get around to blogging it, so that's my catch-up post for today!

June Elemental Inspiration Challenge 

 Rizwana's moodboard was a fabulous Summery, Seasidey one which I loved.
 

You can see what my lovely teamies made by clicking HERE 

For my card I chose the Stripes, Triangles of the flags, Big Capital letters and the pink flowers

 

I chose some ocean shades and used them to design a wide striped paper on the pc, then printed to size for my card. 

I used red card for the letters (4 layers glued together), the 2 shapes of bunting and the red domed circle over the string bow.


The flowers were made from different shades of pink card and some bought flower centres, plus some leaf sprigs cut from one of my favourite-ever Spellbinders dies!

For the 'birthday word piece I colour-matched the background with one of the colours in the stripes.  There's always ropes, string and twine at the seaside, so I echoed that with the string on my bunting and the loopy bow of the sentiment.

 

Thank you so much for coming by

 
 Happy Crafting, Stay Safe, 


Standing with Ukraine







No comments: