Saturday, August 08, 2020

How to make a Nescafé Frappé

How to make a Nescafé Frappé 
(Greek Style Iced Coffee)


You'll need:
instant coffee (traditionally Nescafé)
Ice cubes
Milk
cold water from the fridge

Also
Bamix or other stick "whizzer" 
Container suitable for whizzing in
Drinking glass
Long spoon if you have one
Drinking Straws 
(You don't need the toaster in the photo😁)


Place 3 tsp Nescafé in the mixing container, add a little chilled water
Whizz till really frothy to mix the water and coffee really well - the photo shows how mine looks after frothing about 3cms water and the coffee granules, so you can tell how increased the volume is

Put a few ice cubes in your glass and add some milk - how much milk depends on your own preference, I use about the same amount I'd use in my regular 'hot' coffee 

Pour the frothy coffee mixture into the glass and stir to mix, add more chilled water as required and mix again.  You can add more water as the froth subsides.

Add your straws, and dream of Greek Island harbourside tavernas as you enjoy your coffee.
There'll be no chance of drinking one in a harbourside taverna somewhere in Greece this year, so this is the best I can do for now - that and have a browse through my computer photo albums.
 Samos
Santorini
Skopelos

Skiathos
Rhodes

Skopelos
Samos
have a go. and let me know how you get on
Yammas!


1 comment:

Jackie T said...

Hi Kathy thank you for the recipe. I think we will be giving this a try. No holidays this year. I am so glad that we did a cruise in November last year. Have a good weekend. Hugs Jackie