Friday, December 13, 2019

Three Trees



Hello
Hope you've had a good week. The high point of my week was a visit to our local cinema, for the Live-Streaming of the ballet Coppelia from the Royal Opera House.  The weather was so horrible that it wasn't easy to leave the warm cosy house, but we were glad we made the effort because it was such a fab event.  
If you've never been to one of the Live Stream events then they really are worth checking out - they are streamed to cinemas all over the world

 Friday is Daring Cardmakers Day so here's 
this week's challenge:
It's another Anything Crafty challenge this week, and our theme is
O Christmas Tree
We would love to see any kind of craft project featuring one or more trees this week - but they don't have to be Christmas Trees, it's up to you! 
We'd love to see your cards, tags, bags, boxes, table decor.....any kind of craft project as long as there's one or more trees
 Visit the Daring Cardmakers Blog to see this week's DT creations

Info
The trees are made using instructions and die set from Concord & 9th.  The die set is called Take a Bough
The die-cutting takes ages and is a bit tedious, but otherwise they are fairly simple to put together, its what to do when they are finished that caused me the most faffing-time! 
After a couple of false starts I made a base for each tree using several layers of Bright Rosa snowflake border dies glued together and some blu-tak and layered up chipboard pieces with Cropodile holes in to stabilise them.
I added lots of white snowflakes around the base as it all looked a bit dull.
At this point the display looked like this

The white background didn't work, and the trees looked rather less than festive, so I cut up some strands of silver thread to drape over the trees, and attached some red stars on some threads too.  For my photos I tried out a few blue shades for the background,my favourite being the dark shade on the top photo, but here's another with a lighter blue background

I think I'll put my little tree display on the hearth for Christmas, or maybe on the mantelpiece.  Anyway, I hope you like it.
I really wasn't happy with the card I made for last week's challenge so at the beginning to this week I pulled it apart and reassembled it without the patterned paper, and with more twine.  I think it looks so much better now, what do you think? 

new version:

original version:



 Anyway, that's all for today.

Thank you so much for visiting, I really appreciate your messages.  
Hope you have a great weekend
Happy Crafting!




 

5 comments:

Jackie T said...

Hi Kathy your Christmas tree project is gorgeous. I love how you have changed the card. We have been to a few live stream events they are certainly worth checking out. Take care. Hugs Jackie

KarinsArtScrap said...

beautifullllllll cards Kathy
Gr Karin

Unknown said...

Stunning project Kathy - you have so much patience! I liked last week's card a lot but the new version is as good! Shabneez x

Holley (Tondre) Barnhart said...

Both cards are so pretty lovely works

Angelnorth said...

Definitely in the fiddly camp but the trees look lovely with the silver thread and teeny red stars ! You snuck in an extra poinsettia as well on your reworked card - extra white space is always going to work for me!