Friday, November 09, 2018

Winter Flowers and Foliage

Hello!
How are you diddling?  Well, I hope 
We have a bright sunny day here in Hertfordshire, but apparently that's going to change later on.
I'm still getting nowhere with this 'getting ready for Christmas' lark, somehow I just can't find any enthusiasm for it just yet.  To date, I've not bought a single present!  I need to kick myself into action or it'll all go pear-shaped!
Anyway. on to this week's Daring Cardmakers' challenge, which, once I'd actually managed to create a background I had a lot of fun with

After much faffing and changing my mind about what to put behind the flowers, I ended up using designs from a couple of download paper sets on this card.  The gorgeous wood effect one is from Grepic and the pale silver-grey snowflake design is from The Lovely Studio.
The poinsettias were a given, really.  I probably have too many Poinsettia die sets, I have at least 4 and I admit, that is probably too many.  Probably, but not definitely! You do need enough sets to be sure you have the right size petals for any project, after all!
It's a bit of a die-fest actually, so I won't list every single one I used - if you see something you like in the picture and want to know who makes it, give me a shout in the comments and I'll get back to you!  


Info:
Digital paper designs, printed onto white Bazzill card:
Woodgrain backing paper  White Wood Textures by Grepic
Snowflake backing paper  Snowberry by The Lovely Studio
Other card:
Plain white card blank
Red and gold card, Red gloss card for berries and sentiment
Various green card scraps for foliage
Dies:
Foliage dies inc. pine sprigs, holly, other leaves
Sentiment die set, I think is from CraftstashUK 
Other:
Tiny pine cone
Cinnamon stick 
Glitter Berries
Gold ribbon
Shiny red beads
Glamour Dust
Yellow Flower Stamens, glitter dipped!

The ribbon and large berries came gleaned from old Christmas Crackers - it's important to scavenge for treasure from crackers, gift wrapping etc!

That's it for today, thank you so much for coming to visit - leave a message and I'll be sure to visit your own blog to return the favour!
Happy Crafting

8 comments:

jane stillman said...

Love the backing paper and gorgeous frame which sets off the sentiment and poinsettias brilliantly - gorgeous card. I haven't bought any presi's yet and I've only made 7 cards!!!

Sylvia said...

Your winter flowers and foliage look amazing Kathy, love the backing papers and sentiment.

Sylv xx

Laine said...

Stunning and so elegant!
Laine
x

Jackie T said...

Wow Kathy this is a stunning card I love it. The foliage and the flowers are gorgeous. Have a great weekend. Take care. Hugs Jackie

Holley (Tondre) Barnhart said...

Great sentiment and I love those flowers

Katie said...

Gorgeous card and love the flowers

Angelnorth said...

Beautiful special-looking Christmas card Kathy, the filigree frame is perfect with the cluster of flowers!

Shabneez said...

A stunning creation - you are the Queen of Flowers Kathy! Shabneez x