Friday, November 23, 2018

Starry Skies

Hello!
How are you today?  

I'm slowly getting started with making my Christmas cards and have even done some gift shopping lately - though there's still loads to be done.  I still feel the need of a good old 'talking to' in the hope of getting myself into action

Anyway. on to this week's Daring Cardmakers' challenge


This week we're back to making cards and the theme is
Starry Skies 
Take your inspiration from the night sky when you make your cards this time.
One star or a whole galaxy of them....or maybe a glimpse of Santa's Sleigh flying by....or a Heavenly Host of angels.
Remember, it doesn't have to be Christmas - there's a whole galaxy of inspiration out there!


I’ve used the challenge to add another card to the Christmas card box - every little helps, but visit the blog and you’ll see some other ideas too! 
Some lovely new digital paper, some stencilling, die cuts and  foil stamping on this one - though you’d need to look closely to see the latter! 



Info
The starry background was stencilled with silver Starlights paint. 
The digital paper is from “Romantic Letters” via Etsy - I’ll add the link later as I don’t have it at my fingertips atm
I gold-foiled the Sweeg Dixie Star die onto the paper, but as it’s a regular die it didn’t show up on the patterned paper as well as I’d hoped. 
So I cut the star in a slightly glittery silver card and adhered over the hot foil image using some tiny pieces of chipboard between the layers. 
A length of silver ribbon was adhered across the card, then the star panel was matted onto silver and black card and glued in place. 
‘Joy’ is by Spellbinders 
Punched stars were added, plus star jewels and tiny blue and silver gems to finish. 




That's it for today, thank you so much for coming to visit - leave a message and I'll be sure to visit your own blog to return the favour!
Happy Crafting



5 comments:

Jackie T said...

Hi Kathy this is a stunning card I love the design it is beautiful. Have a great weekend. Take care. Hugs Jackie

Janet Packer said...

I love your star inspired Kathy - one of my favourite Christmas colour combinations too!

Angelnorth said...

Lovely frosty colours and although the foiling is barely there it does add a nice subtle outline for the ornate star, great card Kathy!

Sylvia said...

Beautiful Christmas card. great design, die cut star and backing paper.

Sylv xx

Shabneez said...

Great use of stars in many forms Kathy! Shabneez x