Friday, January 29, 2016

Up Up and Away


Another Daring Cardmakers Day today, and Leo's turn to set the theme:

Hi Leo here to bring you a new challenge for a new week, the last week in January in fact, how fast has that gone! 
This week I'd like you to create a card featuring:
Balloons
It can be a real one if you're feeling really creative or else a die cut, sticker, stamp, anything you want to use that features a balloon/s. :)

Here's the LINK to this week's design team creations - it's a post full of lovely  ideas and inspiration, so please pop over to see.

I decided to make a hot air balloon for my card, and set about making one using the DoCrafts/XCut die set and the same papers I used for the last card I shared - because a0 they were still on my desk and b) they are absolutely gorgeous!  
Step 1 completed, time to think about the card it would go on to. 
That's when it all went a bit wrong
I was given a Clarity Stamps Hills and Mountains mask as part of a forum Secret Santa gift - well, that would make a perfect background, wouldn't it?  So I set to with loads of inks and made something I really liked but took ages.
And then found that my balloon just got lost on it, so I had to make more in brighter colours. 
Here's my card

Info:
White card, black card
background created with Hills and Mountains mask (Clarity Stamps),
 and lots of different inks (and I mean LOTS!!!)
Square die set for aperture (Tonic) 
Build a Scene die set for balloons (XCut die set )
Papers are Summer Lovin' 6x6 (Carta Bella) 
Silver thread to hang the smaller balloon in the aperture
Can't say I'm really happy with the result but it took so long to get this far that I didn't have time to do any tweaking.  Which is a reminder that I should start earlier and not be such a last Minute Minnie! grrr
Anyway, that's it for this time, maybe I'll try and use the other balloons I made in a different project later!  I'd feel better if I achieved that
Thanks for visiting


12 comments:

Sandra Carey said...

Gorgeous I love balloons Hugs Sandra xx

Angelnorth said...

The mountain backdrop does look lovely and I'm sure you'll find a use for the extra balloons on something!

Holley (Tondre) Barnhart said...

Lovely die cuts today! Your card is beautiful

Jackie T said...

Hi Kathy your bright summery card is gorgeous I love those balloons. Take care. Hugs Jackie

Tracy Welham said...

That is so cool, just fab! Creative Blessings, Tracy x

Laine said...

Such a fabulous card Kathy. So bright and beautiful.
xx

Sylvia said...

Love your take on the balloon theme, gorgeous card.

Sylv xx

Unknown said...

Hi Kathy - lovely bright card, really cheers me up on this dull day. Beautiful card.
Hugs,
Bev xx

Andree said...

A fabulous card Kathy. You've created a wonderful background and I love the bright colours you've used for the balloons xx

Shabneez said...

I love hot air balloons Kathy and I love the bright colours you've used. Shabneez xxx

Anonymous said...

Hello Kathy, A fabulous card, love the balloons and those lovely colours.

Jade

Unknown said...

Hi Kathy A lovely bright card and a great theme. I love how sometimes 'happy accidents' happen even if they're frustrating at the time- in this case the end result is fabulous. Cathy x