Friday, January 15, 2016

Turning Over a New Leaf.....

Jo posed an interesting challenge for The Daring Cardmakers this week, one that made me think quite hard!

  "This week I would like to see you;

Leaf It Alone!

All too often the humble leaf is upstaged by flowers on our cards so I 
would like to see you make the leaf the star!" 
I love my leafy swirly dies, and often use those, along with other leaf shapes as background details on my cards, but using the leaves as the main design element is definitely not something I do, so I wasn't sure about this one at all.
In the end though, I remembered a lovely A4 embossing folder called "Tumbling Leaves" and thought that would make a good starting point.  

Info:
15cm square smooth white card blank.
Lemon and Green Bazzill squares cut with Tonic Studios Nested Squares die set
Green square embossed with  "Tumbling Leaves" A4 folder (Crafters Companion)
Raised pattern Inked over with !Peeled Paint" Distress Ink
PVA glue applied with a brayer over the embossed area, then sprinkled with Glamour Dust (Gold colour)
Leafy swirl: Spellbinders D-Lites "Sprigs" die set in darker green shade
Sentiment; Tim Holtz "Handwritten Celebrate" 
Dewdrops, gems, pearls and enamel dots to finish 




You can see how the rest of the design team took up the challenge HERE
It would be fab if you'd join us this week and share your ideas for using Leaves in centre stage!
Thanks for visiting, I hope you'll leave a message :)

9 comments:

Brawny x said...

Thank you for your comments on my cards Kathy. I had to smile at your horror at me making a Xmas card. Had to chuckle at that. A fabulous design from you...a great card x

Sandra Carey said...

This is just Beautiful Hugs Sandra xx

Angelnorth said...

Lovely leafy card, the embossing for the background looks fab and it's still very "you" despite the lack of a big blowsy flower!

Dawn said...

Stunning, love that embossing folder. So pretty.

Jackie T said...

Hi Kathy this is a gorgeous card I love the embossing. Hugs Jackie

Andree said...

A lovely card Kathy. The colours are perfect for the leafy background and swirls xx

Laine said...

Such a fabulous card Kathy!
Laine
xx

Sylvia said...

Love your leafy background and die cut leaves with the sentiment. Fabulous card the leaves certainly are the stars on this card.

Sylv xx

Jo said...

Sorry about the lack of flowers! Your card is so pretty with just leaves :) The embossed background is lovely :)

jo x