Wednesday, June 17, 2015

Pocket Page Mini

My most recent post on the Get Funky Blog was this little pocket page book - I'm a bit late posting on here, its been one of "those" weeks, but here I am finally trying to get up to date!

As I've not decided what to use this book for, so it's  pages and tags are empty and it's  lacking a title.
It's made using the "Cold Walk" designs from June's featured Funky Hand CD "Now That's Funky"  

This mini album uses the Hinge Binding method for adding the pocket pages.  There are loads of variations on this, and masses of tutorials on the web, but this is the video I used to learn how to make one [ Hinge Binding video tutorial ]

There's lots of room for photos or other "stuff" -  each "page" is a pocket, so as well as decorating the pages,  you can add a photo or journalling etc to each side of the tags that go into them too. Or take the tags out and use the pocket to store memorabilia



Materials and Tools
"Cold Walk"  from the Funky Hand CD "Now That's Funky" 
the designs were all printed on textured white Bazzill card 
Matching Bazzill card in blue to make the hinge section and the ends of the tags
EK Success border punch to decorate edges of pockets
On the Cover 
Ribbon, hand-cut banners, hand made Rolled roses,
Tiny blue gems, Stickles Glitter Glue, Die cut roses, leaves and swirls

Dies: Nesties Labels 18 (Spellbinders) 
Shapeabilities Sprigs (Spellbinders Die D'Lites) 
"Tea Rose medium" (Cheery Lynn)

Here's a quick picture tutorial on how to make the pocket pages, I hope it makes sense - you should be able to click for a larger view

For the tags, I printed on both sides of my card.  I resized to 1/4 size versions of the designs so that when cut out the tags, both sides are pretty!
I didn't have a tag die the right size to make the end bits for my tags, so I found an image on the web, "cut" it down in my graphics program so that only the fancy end remained, then put it into my Silhouette Cameo to resize and cut to fit.  There is one of these end pieces on each side of the tag so that it's nicely reinforced and won't break despite going out and in their pocket

That's it, I hope you like this book- it was fun and fairly simple to make, and I thinkin its quite adaptable too as you could make it in various shapes and sizes.
I'd love it if you left a message telling me what you think of this one
 

4 comments:

jane stillman said...

A fabulous project, love all the papers, and so useful having all the little pockets and tags

Linda Simpson said...

Fabulous project and love the papers
Hugs
Linda xxx

Kaz said...

This is so pretty Kathy, those papers are fab! xxx

Jackie T said...

Hi Kathy this is a gorgeous pocket book. I love the rich colour. Hugs Jackie