And then I checked the dates, did one of those "double-take, must-have-read- that-wrong" things and realised that the card I'd made was for next week's challenge, not for today's....ooops!
Kathy jumps back across to the craft desk in a panic.
Neon stuff, I need neon stuff....I'm sure I have a few small bits I could use....where on earth did I put them?
So, what to do? Thank goodness for Mr Bazzill and Mr Coredinations, I say! Had a bit of a hunt through the card stash and scraps box to find the brightest, neon-ish and then, with some help from the Cameo came up with this. It's quite bright, I think I got away with it
Materials and Tools:
White card blank
Bazzill and Coredinations card for all the coloured pieces
Lime green button, bright pink ribbon
Butterfly Trio die (Memory Box)
Tiny (and I mean tiny!) dots are the waste from using one of my border punches
Petals for the flower are the waste from cutting the "O" of HELLO!
Cameo to cut the letters.
Banners are hand cut
Multicoloured border for the black section made by glueing strips of the same card in assorted widths to the reverse of the black section then trimming with guillotine
The letters were cut several times in black then glued together (about 5 layers, I think)
I cut them in colour a couple of times in each colour as I wasn't sure whether to use the word more than once (none of that "plan first" stuff here)
BUT, the lack of planning meant I had enough "O" middles to make a big retro flower haha
The team have made some fantastic cards this week and have come up with some great ways to get the neon look even when faced with lack of the "right" stash - it's amazing how inventive you can be when you really rise to the challenge!
Anyway, that's it for this time....and of course, there is a silver-lining to my calendar error - next week's card is already done and ready to go!
Thanks for looking, please leave a message....if only to let me know I'm not the only one who crafts in a panic sometimes!