No, not the kind stuffed with Chicken & Cesar Salad or the woolly kind you put around your shoulders to keep you warm, mind you, the way our summer is going I think we could all do with one of those!
I would like you to give your card a coat made of acetate, vellum or anything for that matter.
As long as it ‘wraps’ around the outside of your card, anything goes!
hmmm, this one had me stumped for a few days. Whenever I sat down to try and get something made all I managed to do was surround myself with bits of vellu, acetate and other stash - none of which sparked an idea that I could actually work with. Eventually I made a card with an acetate wrap. It was a regular side opening card, but the acetate folded around it in a gatefold fashion and was tied with ribbon. If you've already checked the DCM blog, you'll have noticed that my card on there doesn't bear any relation to the one I've just described. That's because at some point yesterday afternoon I decided that I hated the other card. It was awkward and cumbersome and every time I looked at the photos I liked it less. So back to the drawing board.
So I spent all yesterday afternoon and some of the evening at my desk - I've not made an accordian card before so it was a bit of trial and error. This morning I've made all the letter tags for the back of the card and at about 9.50 this morning I finished decorating the bag - just in time do take some photos and get it on the blog. phew!
The card measures only 8 x 6 cms and has 6 "pages" either side.
These pictures aren't great, I'll try and replace them with better ones later.
Papers are Imaginisce (yes, I know you're saying; "Not Again"), lots of the ribbon and buttons are from the Think Pink kit already mentioned, plus flowers, brads and other stuff from my stash.
I enjoyed making this - but with hindsight I wouldn't use my regular 280gsm cardstock as it's made a rather bulky finished card - Bazzill weight would have been fine as there's paper on both sides to stiffen it. I'd also have made some of the pages before sticking to the card to make concealing sticthes, brad prongs etc would have been easier. I actually made this from 3 spereate "cards" so I needed to use the paper to join them all together - using 12x12 Bazzill would have been easier.
The DCM Design Team have made some fantastic cards this week, with a dare like this it's hard to show in one photo how the cards work, so do pop around and visit the personal blogs as we can show more photos of the details on those.
Great dare Sue - this one was a REAL challenge!