Friday, June 02, 2023

June Elemental

 

Hello

Thanks for visiting. 
 
As usual on Fridays I’m sharing my card for this week’s Daring Cardmakers Challenge, and this week it was my turn to come up with a mood-board for our June Elemental challenge

June Elemental Challenge

I love all turquoise and aqua shades and as gold goes so well with them, I've based my mood-board around those colours. I've added 'pops' of  other colours too because it seems to me that turquoise makes every other colour look better!

 All you need to do is choose 3 elements from the board to use when you make your card.

 If you use them, the colour combo would count as 1.  



    Click Here for some sunny examples from the design team
 The main elements I chose were Wood-grain texture, Mosaic and the Flower (no surprise there!)

For the base card I used a smooth white square and embossed the front with a wood texture embossing folder
I inked 2 pieces of thin (80gsm) white card with lots of shades of Nuvo mousse, keeping one side a little paler than the other
When dry I used a gorgeous Spellbinder Peony die set to make a large peony and a couple of small buds, plus some leaves
For the mosaic tiles I started by inking white card with the various colours. Next I applied a little glue through a stencil with my fingertip, removed the stencil (and cleaned it) then added some gilding flakes.  Once completely dry I brushed away the excess, punched out the tile shapes from the parts I liked best and arranged them on the card.
 
Once I'd decided on the placement of the flowers I glued them on, added the leaves, and finished off the card with a black and white sentiment and some loops of gold thread

 Thank you so much for coming by
 Happy Crafting, Take care of yourself, 



No comments: