Friday, September 30, 2022

Be HAPPY

 

Hello
As usual I'm trying to catch up with blogging! 
Keeping my blog posts short while I try to get back in control! 
As ever Friday is Daring Cardmakers challenge day and this week it's our lovely Shabneez in the hot-seat.

 Be HAPPY

It's Shabneez here and I would like to thank those of you that joined in with our challenge last week.  I've chosen an easy one this week:

Happiness is so important to us all and I'd like to see the word 'HAPPY' on your card.  It could be for a birthday, anniversary or anything that makes you happy!

There comes a point when I have to stop making excuses and start making Christmas cards! I never like making them until after my birthday, but that was a couple of weeks ago, and even if I do have a rotten cold which seems to be hanging around for ever I still need to bite the bullet and make a start on the Cword cards

 
I made a simple stencil just with a piece of scrap card by drawing the rough shapes of the apertures and cutting them out with scissores
 
I used washi tape to attach it to the card front, then rubbed a couple of shades of Nuvo Embellishing mousse with some bunched up scraps of old wet wipes and also coloured more scrap card with some lime green mousse for the letters

The trees are cut in black glitter card using one of my new Spellbinders Christmas die sets.  The HAPPY letters are from a Memory Box set of three versions of the word 'Happy' I used 3 layers for this card, but if I make more of the same style I probably won't be faffing around with that!
I had to make a new set of White on Black sentiments because I can't find the leftovers from last year.  
They'll be in a safe place....
To finish I punched a few tiny stars from card coloured to match the Coral, Rose Pink and Green I's already used and I was done 

Thank you so much for coming by

 Happy Crafting, Stay Safe, 

 
Standing with Ukraine

1 comment:

Angelnorth said...

Great contemporary Christmas card Kathy, love the lime green lettering!