Friday, August 12, 2022

Keep Your Cool

 

Hello

This week its my turn to set the Daring Cardmakers Challenge, and I've chosen something to match the weather
Keep Your Cool
It's been pretty hot so far this Summer - even here in the UK!  
So let's see your favourite ways to keep cool when the temperatures soar features on your cards this week.
A dip in the sea, putting your feet in a bucket of water, 
A snooze in a hammock in the shade (I wish!)
Sunhats and parasols
 Ice cream and ice lollies
A slice of juicy water melon
a long cold drink...

 Here is where you can see the Design Team: inspiration
I will admit to loving ice cream, gelato and sorbet - there is so much joy to be had just standing by those wonderful Italian style fridges filled with loads of flavours of the chilly stuff!  Sometimes I just cant choose which ones to have in my tub and end up getting OH to surprise me/
After all these years he knows me well enough to make a good selection!


 Info
 My card blank is a plain white square with the lower section embossed with a very old Cuttlebug Dots and Circles folder
I adhered two lengths of very narrow washi tape above the embossing and wound gold thread around the card between the tape.  I made a gold tassel with the thread and added a bow

 I inked up some pieces of scrap card in ice cream shades.
For the ice cream cones I used a Spellbinders die for the scoops if ice cream. The cones were cut by hand and the pattern made using a score board
The ice lollies were made using  another Spellbinders die - looking through my dies I spotted a tall gothic window shape from a beach hut set that was perfect for the job.
I added a coat of Glossy Accents and dropped some tiny beads on for the 'hundreds and thousands' and a little Glamour Dust glitter for good measure
  To finish the card I die cut the word and letters from leftover inked card and added some matching tiny hears and enamel dot


Thank you so much for coming by

 
 Happy Crafting, Stay Safe, 

 

Standing with Ukraine

No comments: