Friday, July 01, 2022

July Elemental Inspiration Challenge

 

Hello
I hope you’ve had a good week.  I can't quite believe we've already  waved Goodbye to the first half of 2022!
 
It's Daring Cardmakers day again so here's this week's challenge
 
July Elemental Inspiration Challenge
Its Dawn here this week and as its the beginning of the month and 
the summer holidays are just around the corner, I have picked 
the summery image below.
Remember you need to use a least 3 elements on your cards 
and the colours count as one element. 
We can't wait to see how you are inspired. 
For my card I chose squares from the layout, the cup from the top right picture and the flower - though I decided to use a lot of them!  I've also mainly used the colour palette.


To echo the squares from the layout I used a stencil and ink shades from the colour palette, I wanted to keep it pale and subtle, because I think I'm a bit too heavy-handed a lot of the time but I think maybe this time I went too far the other way as you can hardly see the squares at all!
For the tea cup I used ink and then Nuvo embellishing mousse to get the colour, depth and shine in a piece of card, then used a Spellbinders die set to cut the cup and saucer. I've added some chipboard between the layers and also under the cup - so that I could tuck the end of stems and leaves inside.
For the flowers I first inked some card on both sides in various shades from the colour palette the used a selection of petal dies (mainly from Spellbinders).  For the flower centres I used as many suitable dies as I could find so I could cut a lot in one go, it can be so  tedious!  The stems and leaves were all just hand cut from green card.

To complete I used a printed sentiment from a sheet I printed a while back and added a small Bakers' Twine bow

 

 
Thank you so much for coming by
 Happy Crafting, Stay Safe, 




 
Standing with Ukraine



No comments: