Monday, January 24, 2022

HAPPY card 2

 


Hello
So, last week I shared a birthday card made using a Crafters Companion HAPPY shaped die set.  Today's card is in a similar vein, but in a different colour palette and with some different flowers.   Shabneez and Sarah's birthdays were in December and the opportunity to get away from Christmas colours and shapes and "go girly" with pretty colours and lovely flowers was just too good to miss!
But one day I shall use this set to make something more masculine - I have loads of 'boy' birthdays coming up so watch this space!

Anyway, back to Sarah's card


 Info

This time I chose a yellow, orange, peach mix of colours for the background shaped card, the upper layer of the letters and also for the thinner card I needed for making the flowers.  I used inks and Nuvo Embellishment mousses for this both sides of the thin card were coloured as the flowers would be 3D
 

I've not had the chance to make a big rose since the card and box I made for my nephew and new niece in law's wedding in July. so as this card would be hand delivered I took the chance of going ultra dimensional with my flowers!  Well, it would be rude not to, wouldn't it?
There is something so relaxing and satisfying about making a paper rose, I always enjoy making them. 
I cut the petals for this one using an extra large flower punch.  I have instructions on how to make paper roses HERE
 
 
 To balance the large rose I used a little trio of small coiled paper roses on the 'H', and added some green die-cut leaves to set them all off.

 To complete the card I made e sentiment piece using black and white sentiment and patterned pieces from my bag of bits.  I can't remember what font I used on this one, but I really love it!
Obviously, with the big flowers this was never going to fit into a regular DL envelope so I custom-made one to fit it. If I'd needed to post it I'd have made a box for it instead


Thank you so much for coming by, please don't go without leaving a little message, I do love to hear from you.  
Or maybe I really am just talking to myself
 
 Happy Crafting, Stay Safe,



2 comments:

Jackie T said...

Hi Kathy this is utterly gorgeous. I love it. Take care. Hugs Jackie

Shabneez said...

Stunning Kathy! Shabneez x