Friday, November 19, 2021

Easel card in Silver, Aqua & a dash of red

  

                                                        Hello!
I've spent a lot of this week plodding on making my Christmas cards.  I wouldn't say it going brilliantly, but the pile has been growing and when it began to teeter I moved it into a box.  It was then that I counted them and found that I was less than halfway there.  Ho hum.
On the positive side, I have updated my '2020 Gifting' list yo one for 2021 and actually ordered up a few things, so soon I'll be able to fill the spaces next to the names on the list!
I like to use the Daring Cardmakers Christmas challenges to get a few of the special cards done and this week's was perfect for that.
 
"Have Yourself a Crafty Little Christmas"
 
wk 3: Silver, Aqua & a Dash
We've a colour theme this time!  
Use Silver and Aqua/turquoise shades and add a pop of any other colour you fancy
Remember it doesn't have to be Christmas themed, and it can be a card or anything else you're inspired to get crafty and make!
See what the rest of our clever team made HERE 
 
 

 I was tempted by this snowflake easel card die set by Card-making Magic and as there were snowflake dies  in the set to feed my addiction I didn't resist the urge to buy it! To be honest, easel cards aren't so difficult to make, but this one is a shape that would have taxed my limited maths skills to make myself, not to mention some tricky cutting to get the snowflake shaped 'easel', it wasn't a hard sell!
I chose red to use as my extra colour pop.
 
Info

White card to make the base card and for other layers and details. For the carious snowflakes and details I used white Bazzill Bling, different shades and finishes of turquoise and silver cardstock, including glitter card, plus a few scraps of shiny and glittered red card.

Not all the snowflakes are in this dies set, I used several dies from my collection to fill out my design. The 2 rectangular shapes and the sentiment are in the set though, which is handy.

To finish the card I added a few red gems

The lovely thing about an easel card is it folds relatively flat to send in an envelope.

Thank you so much for coming by, please don't go without leaving a little message, I do love to hear from you.  
Or maybe I really am just talking to myself
 
 Happy Crafting, Stay Safe,
 

 

No comments: