Friday, April 16, 2021

Black & White + 1

 

Hello
 
Hope you had a lovely week, here its been another sunny, but chilly week with a few frosty mornings.
We're  thinking about colour this week for the Daring Cardmakers challenge, which has been set by Miri
Black & White +1
This week Miri challenges you to use just black, white and 
one other colour on your cards!
That extra colour is up to you and you can use it just as you
 like; a little,  a lot, or add different shades of your chosen colour

 Click here to see this week's design team inspiration  


 Info
My card is a smooth white square card blank
I started with some spare white card and coloured it with orange Tonic Nuvo Embellishment mousse - this mousse colours with a lovely sheen that the light catches, rather than being just a flat colour
 Next I used a Spellbinders die set to cut a whole load of gears from some glossy black card saved from some packaging, plus a few from the orange coloured card
The BIRTHDAY letters were die cut from the rest of the orange card and glued onto a piece of dotty card already in my bag of Black and White bits
The 'Happy' is from one of my home-made stickers sheets
I have a load of 'boy' cards to make for family birthdays coming up soon, so this was a great challenge to get another one done and dusted - Thanks, Miri 😀
Thank you so much for visiting today, I hope you'll leave a comment, I really appreciate it when you do!

Happy Crafting, and please take care of yourself.



3 comments:

Jackie T said...

Hi Kathy this is a stunning card. I love it. Have a good weekend. Take care. Hugs Jackie

Shabneez said...

Great creation Kathy - we chose the same colours. Great minds and all that!!!! Shabneez x

Miri said...

You're so welcome, Kathy! I love what you made out of the challenge. The orange is a great contrast to the black and white elements and I like all the different gears you added and how some of them interlock.
I also think that "black, white and x" is a good colour combination for male cards ;-).