Friday, June 14, 2019

Flying High

Hello!
It seems that 'm back to my bad blogger ways!  I'm not quite sure what happened to his week, but updating my blog since last Friday obviously wasn't one of the things that got ticked off the to-do list.

We did have a lovely evening at our local cinema to see the live-stream from the Royal Opera House of the ballet Romeo and Juliet.  Without giving anything away, the story didn't end well ;)

This week on the Daring Cardmakers challenge blog we have our lovely Svenja in the hot seat:

It's Svenja here with a new challenge for you:

Come, fly with me!

I'd like to see all kinds of things that fly on your cards: birds, bees, planes, kites, superheroes... whatever comes to mind.
And of course the Design Team members have already taken to the skies to inspire you - see their cards HERE

Probably the obvious choice for me was to make some butterflies for this one.  Or bearing in mind the weather we've been having recently I thought of making a flying carpet and flying off to somewhere dry!
In the end though I decided to make a kite, and when I found the inky background while sorting through a box of 'stuff' I thought I could incorporate it into the design
 
Info
Inked background was  made for another project but not used in the end
Pieces of card were inked up in the colours I wanted to use for all the other components
The various pieces for the house was hand cut, as was the kite
The clouds were die cut with a Spellbinders die set
I used my own template and the Silhouette Cameo to make the little girl 
The kite is attached using wire, I added a piece of gold twine with knotted pieces of coloured Baker's Twine for the tail
The upper cloud, and the little girl are both attached with folding 'box' hinges behind them so that they can stand right out from the card
To finish I added a rub on decal sentiment


I quite like the simple and 'naive' look to this one.  Not that it was actually simple to make!

Anyway, that's all for this time, I hope you like it, I'd love to know what you think so please leave a message

Happy Crafting!

8 comments:

KarinsArtScrap said...

it's a cute and beautiful card Kathy

gr karin

Jackie T said...

Hi Kathy this is a stunning card I love the scene you have created. Have a great weekend. Take care. Hugs Jackie

Sylvia said...

What a gorgeous card, love the little girl flying the kite. Great take the theme.

Sylv xx

Vogelschneckenraupe said...

I love your card.

Svenja said...

So sweet, Kathy! I love how the kite is just ready to fly away :-)

Angelnorth said...

Such a cute design Kathy and I think "naive" is a perfect adjective! Love the idea of using the box hinges for a couple of elements too!

Handmade by Natty said...

Really love the scene you've created Kathy, perfect for this time of year too. Such a pretty card. :)

Holley (Tondre) Barnhart said...

Aww that little girl and kit is super cute. Great job