Saturday, December 08, 2018

December's Elemental Inspiration

Hello

Well,. my rubbish blogging has gone to new lengths this week!  Usually even if I blog nothing else all week, I at least manage to post my project for The Daring Cardmakers on the right day.  But not this week, here we are at mid-day on Saturday typing furiously in an attempt to get in done before I have some lunch.  Which is likely to take some going as I fear any minute now the cry "What's for lunch" will be heard from OH.

So without any more waffle, here's my card for this week

    As usual our first challenge of the month is an
     Elemental Inspiration Challenge
     For December we have a beautiful Christmas decor picture which we hope will inspire you.
     There are lots of elements to choose from and you just need to pick a minimum 3  to use when making your card.  If you choose to use the colour palette, then that would count as one of your elements

    Visit the blog HERE to see what the team have made
    
    Suggested elements include; Tree, Brickwork, Ship, Snowflakes, Baubles, Stockings, Gifts, Books, Mirror, Greenery, Succulent Plants, Tray of Nibbles

 I chose the snowflakes, the frame on the wall and the greenery - but of course I couldn't resist the lovely [ale turquoise shades, could I?  Especially when I was browsing some digi papers I downloaded a couple of weeks back and noticed that one of them actually features the perfect frame as part of the paper design! 


Info
 I resized my chosen paper design so that I could pring it directly onto the front of my 14cm sq card.  Sometimes I need to trim a tiny piece off each edge of the card to get this right but I was lucky this time and it was perfect.

This beautiful paper download is from RomanticLetters via etsy
The baubles were made using a couple of dies for the bases, then a whole variety of snowflake dies cut in various kinds of gold, white and turquoise card.
I added some tiny die-cut holly from a holly sprig die, and berries from whichever tiny circle dies I could find. 
A length of gold twine was glued behind each bauble shape and more twine used to create tiny bows.
To finish a little gem was added to the centres of the baubles and NOEL was cut from red glitter card using one of my favourite Spellbinders sentiment die-sets from last year.


That's it for this time, one day I'll get caught up on here and share some more of my Christmas cards.  It's been a bit like trying to drag a boulder out of the ground getting them done this year.  That naughty BFoP (Bad Fairy of Procrastination) has taken up residence and just won't flippin' leave!

Ah well.....


Have a great weekend

7 comments:

jane stillman said...

Just love the frame, turquoise is one of my favourite colours too. Fab design. Enjoy your lunch

Sylvia said...

Gorgeous card, love the snowflakes and baubles. The paper downloads are such pretty shades o blue and the one with the frame is ideal for this chalenge.

Sylv xx

Janet Packer said...

This is gorgeous Kathy. The colours and all the elements work together beautifully.

Linda Simpson said...

WOW Kathy this is fabulous, love it.
Hugs
Linda xxx

KarinsArtScrap said...

gorgeous Kathy

Gr Karin

Jackie T said...

Hi Kathy this is a stunning card it is just so beautiful. Have a great week. Take care. Hugs Jackie

Gwyneth said...

A lovely card Kathy. The background with the included frameing element looks cery nice with your choice of decoration on top.
GG