Friday, May 25, 2018

Peachy Paper Peonies

Hello and Happy Friday to you!

It's a Bank Holiday weekend here in the UK, so lets hope this morning's rain soon clears up. W thought we'd head over to the Southwold flat for the weekend, but we had a last minute booking and after all the cash we've spent on the place paying customers definitely must take priority!  Actually, I'll be quite happy to chill out at home, do a bit of gardening and just maybe 😉 spend some time at my craft desk.




I've rediscovered my love of making paper flowers, in no small way thanks to Daring Cardmaker Dawn.  Dawn lives in France and for the last couple of months has been taking a French course, complete with bouts of work experience.  It sounds really tough -very intensive and full-on, but I think her last piece of work experience was much more enjoyable and has inspired her challenge this week
Its Dawn here with this week's challenge and I have decided to call it.
 Handmade Flowers
I have been having some work experience as part of my French course and I have been working along side a fantastic lady who makes paper flowers.
So I would like to see handmade paper flowers on your cards.
This could be a punched flower or die cut but it has to be handmade.
    See what the Design Team were inspired to make HERE
Well, I was definitely spurred on to make flowers - I think most of my projects for the last couple of weeks have flowers on them!  Mind you it could also be to do with the relief of getting all those May birthday "boy" cards out of the way!

My card was inspired by the anticipation of the masses of buds on my peony bushes which are about to burst open any day now.  

Info
The background panel was created using a couple of Distress Oxide Inks and a liberal amount of water
The trellis panel was die cut twice from 350gsm white card and the two pieces glued together to give some extra dimension
The three peony flowers were created using pale peachy pink Bazzill card. The dies I used are given below, I used all the petal sizes for the largest flower, then gradually less for the smaller ones. You can see what I mean on the picture of the die set below
The edges of the petals were inked in a deeper peach pink shade
The leaves were cut from some scrap deep green card
The sentiment is a decal sticker matted onto white and a leftover scrap of the DOI card

 Here are the die sets I used, both are from Spellbinders

 Create A Peony 
 Shapeabilities  Etched Dies

Double Heart Gatefold Card 

 Timeless Heart Collection by Marisa Job 
Shapeabilities Etched Dies 


That's all for this time, i would love you to join in ans share your own handmade flowers.  You can see the DT's cards, and add your own link over on the Daring Cardmakers BLOG

Thank you so much for coming to visit



7 comments:

Jackie T said...

Hi Kathy this is a stunning card it is just so pretty those peonies are simply gorgeous. Have a great weekend. Take care. Hugs Jackie

Janet Packer said...

Loving everything about this card - beautiful x

KarinsArtScrap said...

gorgeouss Kathy

gr karin

Angelnorth said...

Really pretty peonies and the colour combo is gorgeous! I’ve yet to cave on the Oxide inks, how long do you reckon I’ll hold out?!

Kate M said...

Beautiful trellis, the background is super but the peonies are fantastic!!
Fabulous card!
xx

Laine said...

Such a pretty card and lovely detail Cathy!
Laine
x

Dawn said...

Gorgeous flowers. I have a peony as my phones screen saver as this way it will be in bloom forever. These beautiful flowers never last long enough but love them on your card. Paper peonies that last.