Friday, January 12, 2018

It's Elemental


Hello
It's a bit of a dank day here, but at least it's not s cold as it was at the start of the week!  I'm expecting my grocery delivery, so if I dash off, you'll know why!

The Daring Cardmakers are back this week after our Christmas break and we have a new Team member and a new Guest designer on board.
The first challenge of 2018 is an Elemental Inspiration challenge, and Shabneez has chosen a gorgeous 'Serendipity' mood board picture,
It's stuffed full of beautiful treasures and inspiration and all you need to do is choose a minimum of THREE elements from the picture to use on your card.
This is Shabneez's picture:
My card took a lot longer than it should have done and a couple of early attempts went in the bin.  I always seem to forget how to make cards that don't have a Christmas theme, however much I want to get away from Christmas colours and icons!

In the end though I'm pretty happy with what I've made, and I love the crisp blues.
I even managed to add in a bit of hot-foiling using my new Christmas toy.

On my card I've used the Circles, Colours, Flowers and some Twine 
Info:
The patterned papers are all printed from an old Funky Hand collection, printed onto white textured Bazzill card
Other card in Brown and Kraft 
I covered my card blank with one of the patterned designs, then made the vertical panel using another two papers, in this panel I cut a circular aperture
I used an EK Success border punch along one edge of a narrow strip of btown card, and glued it behind the aperture panel, adding another, plain strip to the left side, then used dimensional tape to fix the panel to the base card
The two flowers and the leaves were cut using
 Amazing Paper Grace Spellbinders Shapeabilities Etched Dies

 Various plain and scalloped circles cut with Tonic nested sets
Foiling done using GoPress and Foil machine and my existing cutting/embossing machine to add the gold foil, then running through again to cut out the shapes - its not perfect, but I like the randomness of the little holes and the foil circles on the leaves
The thin gold thread was just something I found on my desk while I was working and I thought it would add a little 'extra'.
Pearls, gems and flower stamens are from my stash


That's it for this time, I hope you like the Inspiration Picture and the card I made using my chosen elements from it - hopefully you'll be inspired to join in this week, we'd love to see what you make.
Check out The Daring Cardmakers Blog HERE - it looks really beautiful this week

Thank you so much for visiting, please don't go without leaving a message 😊

Happy Crafting

13 comments:

Paper and Stuff said...

Beautiful card and flowers, Kathy! Your border punch really finishes the card off nicely. x

Holley (Tondre) Barnhart said...

Gorgeous flowers loving your color combo

Sylvia said...

Love the beautiful flowers and gorgeous colour palette, super card.

Sylv xx

Laine said...

This is so pretty Kathy. A lovely card!
Laine
xx

KarinsArtScrap said...

wow gorgeous Kathy it's a elegant card

gr karin

Kate M said...

Absolutely beautiful, love the flowers, the colours and the fabulous design!!
xx

Jackie T said...

Hi Kathy this is a gorgeous card I love the design and the flowers are so pretty. Take care. Hugs Jackie

Svenja said...

It's lovely, Kathy! Did I mention that I could never be bothered to fiddle with so many individual little pieces? I really admire your work there. (Not to mention the wonderful choice of different surfaces you've used...)

Miri said...

Very pretty! I love the gold accents on your card. It goes great with the different shades of blue.

Brawny x said...

Lovely cardvx

Unknown said...

Absolutely stunning card Kathy. I love the clever design and your combination of so many different elements. Cathy x

Shabneez said...

Stunning creation Kathy - I can't believe you bin creations! Shabneez x

Angelnorth said...

Beautiful collection of elements Kathy, this looks gorgeous!