Friday, September 22, 2017

The One Who Kept Her Head

Good morning.
Sunny again here today 

Did you know that today (22nd Sept) in 1515 Anne of Cleves was born?  She became the 4th wife of King Henry VIII and therefore Queen of England – not just for a day either, but for over 6 months - didn't she do well? 😀😀😀.

Svenja of The Daring Cardmakers was born (a few years later......) in the same town and has chosen to celebrate her illustrious compatriot in her challenge this week
".... I think she’s the only Queen referring to my hometown Kleve and she managed to keep her head on her shoulders! Therefore the theme I chose for you this Friday is…
"Queen For a Day"
Let’s all celebrate Anne’s 502nd birthday with some royalty themed cards. (And, yes, of course… fairy queens and frog princes are allowed to the party, too.)
With being away for a few days, I am seriously behind with my crafting - so many things to make, so little time!  I was a bit stuck for ideas until I happened across a blog post from my crafting friend Katie Lamb using a Queen of Hearts playing card on her LO.  Thank you Katie for the inspiration!
Here's what I made
 Info
Black card blank
Gold, black, white and red card
Handmade rolled roses
Playing card printed to size on the PC, Sentiment also pc generated
A couple of pieces of lace
Flourishes from:
Gold frame and white fancy square are die cuts by Spellbinders
I cut the centre from the gold one to make it into a frame
Rebel Jewels Card Creator Etched Dies Rebel Rose by Stacey Caron

Flourishes are from
Cinch and Go Flowers set one  Amazing Paper Grace  Shapeabilities Etched Dies

In the end it all came together fairly well - there's nothing like throwing a few flowers at a project, is there?
We won't mention that I finished the card then discovered that in my haste I'd managed to make it with the fold on the right hand side instead of the top.....

Okay, time to get back to my crafting to-do list.  Though I may need to grab some lunch first, I think.

Have a great weekend, let me know what you think of my card, won't you?  And we'd just love it if you'd join in with us this week, of course.

11 comments:

Shabneez said...

Perfect for the challenge Kathy - I do love using playing cards! Shabneez x

KarinsArtScrap said...

it's very beautiful Kathy and a great design
Gr Karin

Jackie T said...

Hi Kathy this is a stunning card. I love it. Anne of Cleves was a clever lady and she led quite a comfortable life after the divorce she had a house and an allowance. She faired better than most of his wives. Take care. Hugs Jackie

Laine said...

Such a great use of the theme Kathy. Stunning card!
Laine
xx

Holley (Tondre) Barnhart said...

Such gorgeous colors and die cuts

Svenja said...

Love your card, Kathy. The dark background makes it so elegant! (And I very much like that little touch of wonderland...) Thank you x (for the card but also for never giving up on the team, you do a great job there)

Sylvia said...

Fabulous card great design and colour combination.

Sylv xx

Lorre-Anne Archibald said...

Fab design Kathy x

Unknown said...

Wow Kathy, this is a stunning card. So much detail! I think Anne of Cleves had the best of it in the end, I'm fascinated by that era of history. Cathy x

Katie said...

Ive been away too and trying to catch up. Fabulous card and glad i inspired you.

Karen said...

I find the Tudor period of history fascinating and you have done Anne proud. Love the 'Tudor' colours xxx