Friday, August 18, 2017

and.....Action!

Hello there
Another Friday eh?  They do come quickly, don't they? 
I'm looking forward to meeting up with some of my cousins this weekend.  It's been ages since I saw them.  
Today though it's Daring Cardmakers Day and I've used the challenge to make a card for one of my nephews, so at least he'll have a card, even if I can't think what to get for his birthday present!.
  
This week we have just one word for you
  Action

 It's a one word challenge - the idea is that you use the word however it inspires you, or whatever it makes you think of.
For example it could be sports action, or film, or an Action phrase like 'Action Stations', 'Take Action' or 'Lets see some Action!, or the card itself could have an action or moving element,
Or anything else inspired by the word - it's all up to you.
Check out the BLOG HERE to see what Actions the team took

Info
I made a clapperboard from a square of chipboard, I cut the top section away then painted both pieces with Blackboard Paint.  
The paper for the stripes came from a MME paper pad
I added the white paper stripes and cut the letters using my Silhouette Cameo
My plan to write the numerals with a white chalk pen were abandoned when I tried it out on a scrap piece of black card and saw what a horrendous mess my hand lettering looked - I couldn't even manage to make two numerals look presentable for goodness sake!
For the background and embellishing pieces I used some digi papers and clipart.  The clipart pieces were resized and printed a few times each so that I could create some dimension with them
Once the background papers were in place I added the cjapperboard, using a large white brad to join the two pieces together, then added the clipart embellishments,
To finish I cut a few gold stars using one of my latest dies from Spellbinders
By the way, this is a really cute die set, one of the stars is about 5cms, the others are smaller, with the littlest one being about 1.5cms - they are all different shapes and patterns, which is great as I didn't have anything like this before

That's the lot for this time, thank you so much for coming by - please don't go without leaving a message 😀

 

18 comments:

Enfys said...

Clever card Kathy, love the way you incorporated the age. Xx

Paper and Stuff said...

You do make me laugh! Fabulous card, Kathy. Your Nephew will love this, I know I do! x

Holley (Tondre) Barnhart said...

such a cute and clever card. Love how you personalized it to make the recipient feel special

Jackie T said...

Hi Kathy this is a wonderful I just love the design. Take care. Hugs Jackie

Katie said...

Fabulous card and design

KarinsArtScrap said...

fantastic and great card Kathy fab design
Gr Karin

Brawny x said...

A great card Kathy. Fab creation x

Shabneez said...

A very clever card Kathy - love your take on the Challenge. Shabneez x

Kate M said...

Great idea for a male card - they are difficult to come up with ideas for.
Love the clapperboard, super design and colours.
xx

Andree said...

A super card Kathy and a great interpretation of the theme xx

Jan said...

Love this it's just perfect xx Jan

Tracy Welham said...

Awesome, just perfect for any film lover. I hope you have a lovely weekend. Creative Blessings, Tracy x

Karenzkardz said...

Fab card fitting the theme perfectly xx

Unknown said...

A fabulous card Kathy, such a great design. Cathy x

Anonymous said...

A lovely card, love the clipart!

Nicola ♥

Dawn said...

Great idea to make the clapper board and I love all the little embellishments. xxx

Linda Simpson said...

This is fabulous, I love this very much.
Hugs
Linda xxx

Angelnorth said...

Love the clapper board as a way to include the age - I bet your handwriting didn't look nearly as bad as you think it did, though! The gold stars make a great (very Hollywood!) finishing touch!