Shock! It's been raining this morning - not much, but the ground is actually wet. Oh well - as the grass around here is now brown rather than green, I guess the gardens could do with it - but I hope the sun comes back soon!
We have a new Daring Cardmakers challenge this week and Svenja is definitely in a Summery, Zingy, Sherbet mood as she's set a colour theme for us this time:
"It's Svenja here and this week I want to try and preserve that summer feeling just a little longer with some mouth-watering fresh & bright colours: use a combo of
Raspberry and Lime
Raspberry and Lime
Sounds like a bit of an odd couple to you? Not at all - just check out our BLOG to see the Design Team's fab creations!"
Pink and green is a wonderful colour combo, and I was looking forward to doing this one. So why was it like getting blood out of a stone. I think the card I eventually managed to finish was my third attempt! One started off quite well, but then I realised I hated the focus piece I'd started to make and I couldn't decide where else to go with it - so rather than end up making a hash of it, I set it aside to deal with later!
Next I used a layered fancy die to make a centrepiece, but that was as far as that one went - am I the only one who has days like that?
So I cleared the decks and started all over again.
Coloured card all Bazzill
I cut a white square and slightly larger green square for the background.
Using the frame lasercut as a guide I cut an aperture in the white square, then a larger one in the green layer.
Next I used a series of increasingly deep shades of raspberry pink inks and the "Mini Spinning Tops" 6x6 stencil (Crafters Workshop) over the white square.
Once dry, I adhered the layers together with 3D glue. sliding a rectangle of printed lime green card into the aperture. This piece is cut from some packaging I saved as it was so pretty - I think it was the backing card from some KandCo goodies!
I used black ink to colour the gorgeous chipboard frame from August's Craft Box
and when dry adhered it in place
smallest from the Butterfly Trio set (Memory Box)
the larger one is an Apple Blossom die (CraftStashUK)
Smallest is made using an EK Success punch.
For the other two I used a couple of build-a-flower type dies
(Cheery Lynn and Britannia dies).
I have two that are very similar because I didn't check the measurements.... but hey, as I rarely make just one flower, now I can cut two lots of petals at the same time!
Die cut using my favourite Leafy Swirls twosome (Spellbinders)
Tiny pink gems for a little bit of bling.
Have a lovely weekend