Tuesday, November 10, 2015

1-2-3 craft....

Last week I completely forgot to add on here the first of my cards using new November LO on the Sketch File, so I'm doubling up today.

This is the one that is on today's Update post.  There's something not quite right with it to my eye it looks a bit off balance, and I can't work out how to fix it - maybe the gold panel is too wide?

 I like the idea so may persevere with this one - I like the partial snowflakes on the squares, but the background I'm not so sure of
 
 For last week's card I used banner shapes for the two panels and added Mosaic punch baubles on silver cord for the 3 focus pieces
Here are a couple of views of the sketch, you can find more ideas HERE














Thanks for visiting, please leave a message ;)


6 comments:

Laine said...

Beautiful cards Kathy.
Laine
xx

Brawny x said...

Gorgeous cards Kathy x

Jackie T said...

Hi Kathy both of your cards are gorgeous and I like the sketches you have used. Hugs Jackie

Angelnorth said...

I too really like the partial snowflakes on the first one. I wonder whether the contrast between the dark card base and the ivory panel is just a bit too high for overall balance? I can see your problem - my eye's not sure how to "travel" over the design but I'm one of those "fix it by fiddling" people, I can't see the wood for the trees without being able to pick pieces up and move them around! The blue baubles work really well - lovely take on the sketch!

Dawn said...

Two beautiful cards Kathy!
Hugs
Dawn xx

Holley (Tondre) Barnhart said...

Gorgeous card for the patterns given. Beautiful in the blues