Friday, November 07, 2014

Forgetful

I'm not sure how it happened but I've completely forgot to update my blog for the last couple of weeks - I even forgot to add the card I made for last week's Daring Cardmakers challenge - which is really bad as DCM Fridays are usually the ones I remember to blog, even if I don't add anything else during the week.

So today I've a Daring Double to share

First up is this week's challenge, set by Leo and as it's the First Friday of the Month it's our November Colour Palette Challenge.
Leo chose Gold, Rose-Gold, Silver and Linen White as the colour combo and I made this card
I didn't have anything I felt met the "Rose Gold" shade, so I opened a new document in Paint Shop Pro,  hovered my mouse over the Rose Gold squares on Leo's inspiration board to get the RGB colour match and used the "fill" tool to cover the page.  I then printed it onto an A5 piece of Bazzill Bling in  "Diamond White" which meant the printed piece of card has texture and a lovely soft sheen.
Here's a screenshot of how to get the RGB codes, just in case you are interested
Here is Leo's inspiration picture
Tools and Materials:

Smooth White square card blank, plus scrap for snowflakes
Bazzill Bling Diamond White card for printing with colour
Bazzill Bling Diamond White card left white for embossed panel
Plain Gold card for sentiment
Silver and Gold glitter card (Best Creations)
Pearls and tiny silver gems
"Christmas" cut from my own Silhouette Cameo template 
Baubles cut with a Memory Box die, Snowflakes with a Cheery Lynn die plate of small snowflakes

Last week, Bat asked us to use some googly or whacky eyes on our cards - this was such a fun challenge and I absolutely loved seeing the cards the team made - so may inspiring ideas on how to use them!
I used a template I made for my old Craft Robo a few years ago and now cut with the Silhouette
Tools and Materials:
Smooth White square card blank
Deep Blue card (Bazzill)
Snowflake background is a digital design printed onto Diamond White (Bazzill Bling)
Blue-grey and Green glitter card (Best Creations)
Red, white, peach card scraps
Googly Eyes, Stickles Ice crystal glitter glue
Father Christmas cut from my own  template using Silhouette Cameo
Holly die (Crafters Companion)
Fancy Scalloped Circle die (Spellbinders)

Last week was Dare 52 of Year 8 for the Daring Cardmakers - a full 8 years of setting challenges - which is amazing.  Leo's colour choice for this week is perfect for celebrating  Dare 1 of Year 9 and  the start of a whole new year for us.   I hope you'll pop across and see what the team have made this week.

Thank you for coming by today


6 comments:

Kath said...

Love your 'googly' card, Kathy. A splendid Santa Claus. You are clever inventing him!

Kaz said...

Fabulous cards Kathy and very clever getting the colour sorted xxx

Angelnorth said...

Clever way to get the rose gold - looks lovely! Googly-eyed Santa is great fun, too!

Anonymous said...

Both cards are fab Kathy and I love playing around with Photoshop! x

Dawn said...

I love how you printed the background for your card. The texture looks fantastic. Loving the Santa with his googly eyes.

Svenja said...

I'm very impressed with the rose gold. Clever! I tried soft pink copic marker with some mother of pearl embossing powder, but your "home-made" paper is so much more elegant - as is your whole card!