Monday, September 22, 2014

Crepe poppy


This is another project using paint and stamps from the current Quirky Kits.  The background for this one is the second of two water coloured painty pieces I made a couple of weeks ago.  I love this delicate crepe paper flower soooo much!

This photo shows the two pieces of painted paper and some of the bits I used to make the first card, which I shared a few days ago


I knew as soon as I saw the roll of peach coloured crepe paper in my Kit Box that some kind of flower was going to be made with it, and this background seemed perfect for the job.
You can see more about this card and the crepe paper flower over on the 
Quirky Kits blog.


Quirky Kit items used:
Acrylic Paints
Foam Brush
Lawn Fawn stamps
Crepe Paper

Other stash
Card in toning shades, plus a scrap of black, Black Card Candy circle
Marion Smith petal dies, Swirl dies, Large ball embossing tool, Brilliance Rocket red ink pad

I used one of two new ball tools I bought recently for this, they are much larger ball tools than those in the set I already had.  These are really for  sugarcraft or cake decorating but are absolutely fantastic for making flowers. Mine are double ended and solid stainless steel so can take a bit of pressure!  If you like making flowers, then they are definitely worth looking out for

That's all for this time  - thanks for looking

No comments: